Recommendation for espresso machines

Elad050

Sep 14, 2013
NYC
Visit site
Hi, i want to open a coffee shop and i looking for recommendation on espresso machine, good brand with reputation and fair price and good service.
thanks

phophollety

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I'd definitely go for a 2nd hand revised machine, Lika Gaggia or Marzocco, buy, thear it down, descale, replace some seals, some paiting job and its a new machine!

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Hi, i want to open a coffee shop and i looking for recommendation on espresso machine, good brand with reputation and fair price and good service.
thanks

there are tons of machines out there and different price.

If you want real advise, put price range, 2 group 3 group? how many cups you are going to serve, where you are located and lastly how experienced you are in coffee business.

CoffeyshopChris

Apr 22, 2013
Memphis,TN
Visit site
It honestly depends on how many shots you think you'll be pulling a day, as well as your experience, and how many people are going to be working in the shop with you. If it's just you, and you are going to pride yourself specifically on your espresso then you will probably need a higher end manual machine that will allow you to customize every variable(temp, tamp, etc.). On the other hand if you are looking to be a good coffee shop that provides good coffee for a good value then a semi-automatic machine that takes some of the work out of your hands should be sufficient. Look into something like a Gaggia classic, pretty powerful machine for basic espresso & solid company with good reputation. Just my .02

HRC

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
A Gaggia Classic does not belong in a coffee shop though, it only has a single, aluminum boiler. Seems OP would be interested in a La Marzocco Linea 2 group semi-auto or automatic. Those are less than $10k.