Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJunky View Post
    These are all semi-automatic. Get 2 group. No upgrade later.
    thank you so much. you are the BEST!!!

We all have our opinions, but I do speak with a lot of experience on this topic. I've had the pleasure of using several high end commercial 2 and 3 group machines. Owned and used a 2 group NS Aurelia commercially for 2.5-3 years and highly recommend it. It is a heat exchange machine, but Nuova Simonelli really mastered temperature control with this machine. Whether it sits for 5 mins or 1 hour there is no need to do any cooling flushes as is typical with most HX (heat exchange) machines. People can say what they want, but I did fairly extensive tinkering/testing and the machine was always extremely consistent. I've extracted from both groups while steaming with both wands (all at once) and it never dropped below 1 bar on boiler pressure. It constantly recovered and always kept up with any demand I put on it. What I really appreciated was the lever style steam valves... much better control than any knob style valve I've used. No telling how many thousands of drinks I created with it and only maintenance was preventive maintenance items, such as group gaskets, group screens and a steam wand seal rebuild from articulating so much.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    We all have our opinions, but I do speak with a lot of experience on this topic. I've had the pleasure of using several high end commercial 2 and 3 group machines. Owned and used a 2 group NS Aurelia commercially for 2.5-3 years and highly recommend it. It is a heat exchange machine, but Nuova Simonelli really mastered temperature control with this machine. Whether it sits for 5 mins or 1 hour there is no need to do any cooling flushes as is typical with most HX (heat exchange) machines. People can say what they want, but I did fairly extensive tinkering/testing and the machine was always extremely consistent. I've extracted from both groups while steaming with both wands (all at once) and it never dropped below 1 bar on boiler pressure. It constantly recovered and always kept up with any demand I put on it. What I really appreciated was the lever style steam valves... much better control than any knob style valve I've used. No telling how many thousands of drinks I created with it and only maintenance was preventive maintenance items, such as group gaskets, group screens and a steam wand seal rebuild from articulating so much.

Good To see you again Mr Shadow...
    Always pleasure having you around.

if you have enough room around the espresso machine, you will be able to have two barista work side by side. Ofcourse three group would be nicer if you can afford it but unless you are needed , it is not necessary.

Also, don't go strictly for bells and whistles as machine performance and longevity is paramount when used commercially. There are some really good machines on the market, but look past just the name. Like the La Marzocco fan boys/girls would want you to believe that LM machines are the shiznit, when IMBHO they are no better than the Aurelia. I've used the Linea and FB/80 and both have nice build quality and performance, but the price tag and attitude from those associated with it sure as hell doesn't make it worth it. Nuova Simonelli and Cimbali (among others) make good solid performing machines that aren't over-the-top costly and will serve you well for years.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Thanks CJ... hard to imagine anybody would appreciate having me around, lmao...

Super Moderator
    What??? I've always appreciated having you around!

I'm always happy when you decide to make an appearance and hang out with us.

Rose

Well I do appreciate the comments. It's not so much deciding to make an appearance (lmao), but more about having time and energy. I struggle with life threatening chronic obstructive asthma and allergies every day and some days are better than others. Not to mention lots of family related activities the last 4 months, which included moving. No complaints though as I still enjoy wreaking havoc on various forums here and there.

Super Moderator
    Your havoc (and knowledge) are always welcome here!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Your havoc (and knowledge) are always welcome here!
    I would agree with Rose. I always learn many things from your post. I do value your opinion and your knowledge. Thank you SIR!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post

thank you so much!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links