Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

espresso machine! for new bakery cafe owner!

i just got my lease. i want to open my own bakery cafe. want to sell nice espresso. but i have no idea about espresso machine. espresso also, i try many different kind, narrow down to la colombe,,,
    but i also really like illy. ok machine! i need help. i have no idea which machine should i get it. and also they are very expensive. please, help me out! thanks

How many cups of espresso do you plan to sell?
    Also, espresso machine are very expensive and there is no going around it.
    If you buy cheaper machine, you will have problem later, if you buy off brand, you will have tough time finding the parts and service company for the service.

Those should be all in consideration.

What's your budget for your machine and a grinder? I hope you've developed a detailed business plan that lays out a budget.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeJunky View Post
    How many cups of espresso do you plan to sell?
    Also, espresso machine are very expensive and there is no going around it.
    If you buy cheaper machine, you will have problem later, if you buy off brand, you will have tough time finding the parts and service company for the service.

Those should be all in consideration.
    i am thinking 50 - 80 cup of espresso. i kind of narrow down to 3 machines. nuova simonelli aurelia 2 heads vol, appia 2heads vol and unic rumba 2 heads vol( i never heard before).
    i have no idea which one should i get. i have budget for $11000 which i have to buy 2 grinder, too. can you please help me out? many place i called sale person only try to sell the most expensive machine.
    thank you.

I'm tempted to recommend you think about a lightly used machine too. In Milwaukee, I'm always seeing espresso machines on craigslist from coffee shops that are closing or simply replacing their equipment. New machines are so darned expensive, and something that's just been overhauled, at more than half off might be something to think about. But if you haven't spent a lot of time around espresso machines, you may not be comfortable w/ that.

The other thing I've heard (and those who have operated shops can confirm or debunk this) is that a 2-group really doesn't have enough room for two people to work on, and that with a 3-group the center group is mostly unused but it gives two people a little elbow room.

I have a Compak K10 at home, and think it makes a nice shop grinder w/o spending a ton.

Aurelia 2 all day long. The other two are not very good machine. How much are they asking for the Aurelia2 it should not be more then 6500.
    Also two grinders for espresso or one for espresso and burr grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjschmidt View Post
    I'm tempted to recommend you think about a lightly used machine too. In Milwaukee, I'm always seeing espresso machines on craigslist from coffee shops that are closing or simply replacing their equipment. New machines are so darned expensive, and something that's just been overhauled, at more than half off might be something to think about. But if you haven't spent a lot of time around espresso machines, you may not be comfortable w/ that.

The other thing I've heard (and those who have operated shops can confirm or debunk this) is that a 2-group really doesn't have enough room for two people to work on, and that with a 3-group the center group is mostly unused but it gives two people a little elbow room.

I have a Compak K10 at home, and think it makes a nice shop grinder w/o spending a ton.
    Yes, you can serve 50-100 cups a day with one group Aurelia. But if you are a coffee shop, you should get 2 or 3 group machine. You just don't want customers to wait longer then they have to.

Yes, you can serve 50-100 cups a day with one group Aurelia. But if you are a coffee shop, you should get 2 or 3 group machine. You just don't want customers to wait longer then they have to.
    thank you so much for reply.
    i have more questions. so then, should i get 1 group instead of 2 or 3? later upgrade?
    what about semi automatic?

These are all semi-automatic. Get 2 group. No upgrade later.

These are all semi-automatic. Get 2 group. No upgrade later.
    I guess what I was trying to find out, is there enough room for two people to build drinks on a 2-group, or is what I heard that a 3-group is really much nicer for two people to work on?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links