Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Most people consider practice coffee old/stale.
    As long as freshly roasted espresso bean, you will be fine.
    I also like my espresso beans roasted little light to get little more complex flavor. Unless I am making Cappuccino or latte.

I am sure with your purchase, you will enjoy great coffee for many years to come. And you will never go back to those national chain espresso.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Most people consider practice coffee old/stale.
    Exactly. And if you don't practice with first-rate beans, you won't know if you're hitting the target.

In a way, it's similar to the golfer walking up to the tee box on a water hole and pulling out some old hacked-up balls he doesn't mind losing.

Hey whats wrong with old water damaged and harden balls that doesn't fly far..... its free ...lol

I purchased some Kenya AA arabica beans, not making an espresso shot as I wanted, but man those fresh ground beans taste pretty awesome. Need to get some decaf beans otherwise my heart may pop out of my chest with all the test shots I am making. Unfortunately the tamper came broken from shipping. I am going to need a load of different things to go with the machine and grinder. Any ideas? I am going to need a frothing thermometer, I have a pitcher.

Man you are like a ninja assassin on eBay deals. Thanks, just ordered the thermometer. What are your thoughts on tampers . Flat, rounded, etc?
    Last edited by Gmbaltrusitis; 10-31-2013 at 06:54 AM.

I like the heavy and expensive one... lol.. but most of the 20 dollars tamper will be fine for home use. Just don't use the plastic tamper. And don't get the aluminum cheap temper. Those seem to have little effect on the taste. Stainless Steele.

All I can say is….CHRISTMAS IS COMING………...

Super Moderator
    CoffeeJunky is a real pro at finding stuff! I'm totally amazed at how fast he finds reliable information!

Quote Originally Posted by Gmbaltrusitis View Post
    Man you are like a ninja assassin on eBay deals. Thanks, just ordered the thermometer. What are your thoughts on tampers . Flat, rounded, etc?

Kenya AA isn't the best choice for espresso for most palates. Would work well as part of a blend, but would be a bit too acidic/citrus/floral to be used solo. I find it to be outstanding for press as East African coffees are among my favorites for that method. For espresso I prefer Brazilian coffees. The roast I used successfully commercially is still my all time favorite and I still use it daily at home. It's a single origin Brazil Ipanema that is batch split so half is roasted slightly darker for sweetness and less acid, the other half is roasted lighter for a bit more nuttiness and blended afterward. Gives the absolute best espresso that I've ever pulled and I've sampled some fantastic coffees from some great artisan roasters across the country. The end result is like unsweetened baker's chocolate with a smooth almond finish. Works great in milk or straight. It stood out commercially because it wasn't the same boring dark/oily espresso that many are led to believe is the "standard" of what espresso should be.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links