Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Wow, that was so informative. Thank you so much. Now where do we find a coffee
    like you just described?

Coffeeshop Depot Used them commercially and still buy from them for home use. Local to me and always roasted/shipped to order. VERY fair pricing too... I buy 5# per order, let it sit at room temp for 4-5 days to mature a bit, then vacuum pack using a Food Saver machine/canister then store in our deep freezer at -30 average. I am able to squeeze 156 grams per pint size Mason jar, which is good for 9 double shots, which I consume in 2-3 days. Buying in bulk is a great way to save money and most coffees can be kept fresh enough for espresso for up to 7-8 weeks. Deep freezing doesn't eliminate staling, but definitely slows the process down drastically. I've churned through thousands of pounds of this particular coffee in a 3-4 year time frame and have yet to find anything to dethrone it for me personally. FWIW the roast master does a SUPERB job of keeping the coffees as consistent as possible even with seasonal crop changes. **Would like to add that you shouldn't let the affordable pricing fool you as this company is actually all about the customer and want to offer the very best coffees based on current crop prices. Too many artisan roasters get caught up in the belief that their coffees are leaps/bounds over all others and try charging outrageously for it. I totally understand the process of farming, processing, shipping, roasting, etc., but great coffee doesn't have to cost $16+ per lb.
    Last edited by shadow745; 11-01-2013 at 08:05 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Pulled my first decent shot today and it was very enjoyable. Need to work on the tamp pressure in my opinion. Purchased some fresh espresso beans from a local roaster. The fresh beans with the correct grind really do make a difference. Thank you one and all for all the tips.

Super Moderator
    Congratulations!

I hope you go from pulling a "decent" shot to pulling a fantastic shot real soon.

Rose

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links