Cleaning a Mr. Coffee Burr Grinder

Eagleclaww

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
How do you clean the inside part of the Mr. Coffee Burr grinder? .....................................................Obviously you can't dunk it in warm soapy water like the top portion of the machine.......................................................... -Yes, I know the Mr. Coffee Burr grinder is the sludge of grinders, but my blade grinder bit the dust. ....................I'm saving up for a Vario grinder, but that's sometime after tax season...................................................................................................................... Plus there are some, imperial entanglements I have to deal with, mainly the standing house rule that it have to fit under the cupboards which leave a total of 14" to play with. So I'll have to do some wheeling and dealing to get the rest of the house to agree to an oversized kitchen appliance.......................................... OMG.. why can't I start a new paragraph?

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
If you want to buy a cleaner for your burrs, Grindz works well, and isn't all that expensive once you break the costs down per use, considering you really don't have to use it that often.

Can I ask if you use your grinder for espresso, and that's why you're thinking of stepping up to the Vario?

Eagleclaww

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
If you want to buy a cleaner for your burrs, Grindz works well, and isn't all that expensive once you break the costs down per use, considering you really don't have to use it that often.

Can I ask if you use your grinder for espresso, and that's why you're thinking of stepping up to the Vario?
Yes, I will do espresso down the road, and Turkish coffee a lot sooner. I think I can set up an espresso machine in the sun room. No room for it in the kitchen. ---Why doesn't the ENTER button work to start a new paragraph???

Last edited:

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Only thing I ever use for grinder cleaning is a brush, vacuum and/or compressed air. Will occasionally remove and soak burrs in a backflush detergent solution. Personally I wouldn't waste money on Grindz or even bother with rice. There will be residue left behind and they do not clean any better than my current regimen. **Not being able to start a new paragraph must be a forum setting as I can't either. Just never bothered trying to find the cause**

Eagleclaww

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
My long term goal is to have mini coffee bar in the kitchen. Basically use a movable kitchen island. That way I can just unplug stuff and move it when cleaning the kitchen. Won't happen anytime soon though. :coffee:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Will occasionally remove and soak burrs in a backflush detergent solution. Personally I wouldn't waste money on Grindz or even bother with rice. There will be residue left behind and they do not clean any better than my current regimen.

The residue that's left behind by Grindz or rice does happen, but is taken care of by running a small amount of beans through the grinder, and tossing them out. Admittedly, taking burrs out of the grinder and soaking them will do a better job. But considering the time involved, Grindz once or twice a year seems like a more feasible plan for the average person.