Nespresso lattissima plus HELP SUGGESTIONS

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the looks and workings of this machine. I am not a real coffee drinker but I do like my KEURIG flavored coffee twice a day. If I buy the nespresso lattissima plus is it really for the real coffee drinkers or are there light coffee drinks that might fit me? The milky drinks look great. Best price seems like $399.00. Thanks for any help you can give. Xmas is coming! Ron

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Ron,

They are ok. And you will be drinking stale coffee but if that is what you are after, this machine will do fine.
Its easy to work it and expensive for small amount of coffee.(60-70 cents per small cup)

Keurig's have generic filter and you can use any coffee beans you like but I heard it also plug up the machine.

I don't recommend using them but it sure is convenient.

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess your saying my KEURIG and the new Nespresso plus I wanted is crap. Why would it be stale coffee. Oh well maybe water is better for me? Thanks Ron

Ron,

They are ok. And you will be drinking stale coffee but if that is what you are after, this machine will do fine.
Its easy to work it and expensive for small amount of coffee.(60-70 cents per small cup)

Keurig's have generic filter and you can use any coffee beans you like but I heard it also plug up the machine.

I don't recommend using them but it sure is convenient.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi darticus, (Ron)

Lots of people enjoy the coffee that they get from the Keurig machines. Since you've been enjoying yours, why are your thinking about switching to a Nespresso machine? You said that the "milky" coffee drinks look great. Is that what's peaking your interest?

The coffee that's in the K-cups for the Keurig machines is roasted, ground, and packaged right away. It's not as "fresh" as it would be if you were to buy roasted beans and grind and brew the coffee yourself, but it's much better than buying and using a can of preground coffee that's been sitting on the store shelves for a long time.

Many people, who buy roasted beans and grind them right before brewing their coffee, consider anything other than that as being "stale" coffee. And there are others who totally love the coffee that they get from their Keurig (and other) machines. It's all a matter of what YOU like. Since you like the coffee that you get from your Keurig machine, I'm thinking that you'll probably like the Nespresso machine too.

Do you know anyone who has one? I think it would be great if stores did demonstratons so you could taste the coffee before buying the machines. It would be a shame to spend $399 and not like the coffee!

Rose

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I have the keurig and love it. Thought the Nespresso machine might be nice also. Are these coffees strong or mild? Thanks Ron

Hi darticus, (Ron)

Lots of people enjoy the coffee that they get from the Keurig machines. Since you've been enjoying yours, why are your thinking about switching to a Nespresso machine? You said that the "milky" coffee drinks look great. Is that what's peaking your interest?

The coffee that's in the K-cups for the Keurig machines is roasted, ground, and packaged right away. It's not as "fresh" as it would be if you were to buy roasted beans and grind and brew the coffee yourself, but it's much better than buying and using a can of preground coffee that's been sitting on the store shelves for a long time.

Many people, who buy roasted beans and grind them right before brewing their coffee, consider anything other than that as being "stale" coffee. And there are others who totally love the coffee that they get from their Keurig (and other) machines. It's all a matter of what YOU like. Since you like the coffee that you get from your Keurig machine, I'm thinking that you'll probably like the Nespresso machine too.

Do you know anyone who has one? I think it would be great if stores did demonstratons so you could taste the coffee before buying the machines. It would be a shame to spend $399 and not like the coffee!

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Ron,

Rose hit the spot about "stale" coffee.

Nesspresso taste pretty good for coffee that was roasted however long ago. But if you considering 20-25 dollars a pound for coffee, I would expect the coffee to be better quality and freshly roasted.
When manufactures roast their beans and package it, you never can tell how long it has been sitting around to be used.
In coffee industry, about 2 weeks after the roast of the beans, they start to lose its flavor and freshness. (some say after 1 week)

But again, nesspresso, Kuerig both are very convenient for busy professionals.

darticus

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks all. I guess I'm not really a coffee person. I have a deli and grind beans but don't really like the coffee. I do like Keurig flavors. Just thinking the Nespresso plus would be a nice flavor difference without the strong coffee taste. Trying to feel out if this is my cup of tea! LOL! Thanks Ron

Ron,

Rose hit the spot about "stale" coffee.

Nesspresso taste pretty good for coffee that was roasted however long ago. But if you considering 20-25 dollars a pound for coffee, I would expect the coffee to be better quality and freshly roasted.
When manufactures roast their beans and package it, you never can tell how long it has been sitting around to be used.
In coffee industry, about 2 weeks after the roast of the beans, they start to lose its flavor and freshness. (some say after 1 week)

But again, nesspresso, Kuerig both are very convenient for busy professionals.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Ron,

All of us started coffee as a newb some time ago. We grew into loving coffee because we found out coffee is not supposed to be very strong, bitter or sour.

I don't want to take anything away from Nesspresso. That is great idea for people who wants to have many different choice for coffee. Instead of purchasing espresso machine, nesspresso could be pretty good substitute for some people.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I have to admit that the Nespresso commericals and their ads in magazines got my attention too. It's a shame my friends love their Keurig machines, and they're not interested in getting anything new, because I would love to talk one of them into buying a Nespresso machine so I can try it!

Rose

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I have tried few time when I was visiting my friend in Princeton NJ.
I introduced them to single origin bean and they made cappuccino with their nesspresso.
It was not too bad. It was easy to use and very user friendly.

1 -10 scale. I would give about 6 on taste. I would give Kuerig 2.