The No Mess French Press

gmparker2000

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I submitted a french press idea to quirky.com recently. Quirky.com is a site that allows inventors to submit their ideas. Ideas are then voted on by the community. If you get 200 votes then the expert team at Quirky will review the idea, work with the inventor, and possibly manufacture a product. Anyhow I thought I'd post it to the coffee forum to see if anyone liked the idea. If you like it, please head over to quirky, sign up, and vote for it. You can find my submission by searching for "the no mess french press" on quirky.com. Thanks.

EDIT: Hit refresh on your browser once you get to the page with the details and a photoshopped image will appear.

Last edited:

gmparker2000

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Looks like quirky has a quirk in their site. If you follow the link above, the image doesn't display. If you hit your browser refresh button the image seems to appear.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I tried the browser refresh, and still no image.

I get the general idea, but it would be nice if they could fix the quirk.

You don't have enough posts yet to be able to include a link. That's why I did it for you.

Rose

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
It's a great idea. I am sorry to break this to you but it has already been done. A few people have done this. Here is one I found doing a quick search. The one I really like but can not for the life of me remember the name. It is a silicone "cup" with magnets on top of the lip. You insert your press and when it gets to the "cup" it latches on. When you pull it out the cup comes with it. Nice thing about that is that one is when you pull the cup out you can turn it inside out to get the grounds out.
Coffee Catcher Filters and Simplifies Your French Press