How to choose the right coffee machine for domestic use?

Jupiter212

Jan 18, 2014
Vietnam
Visit site
Hi all

I want to buy a coffee machine to use at home, I don't know which brand and model is suitable. Can you help me?
A machine can make espresso, cappuccino, latte, use coffee beans and easy to clean.

Many thanks!

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Coffee Machine and espresso machine are two different animals.

GRINDER FIRST! Too many people overlook the grinder when it is the single most important piece in your brewing arsenal. Whether you have a $15 press from IKEA or a $25,000 custom made espresso machine in a coffee shop, the grinder is more important.

So, that being said, an espresso grinder again, is not the same as buying a coffee grinder. If you are going cheap on your grinder, the absolute lowest priced grinder to remotely consider would be the Baratza Encore, for about $130. The Encore doesn't have quite the necessary grind adjustment to make great espresso as it's settings are limited, but IF you know what you are doing, by adjusting the dose, you can pull a respectable shot with it. The lowest priced grinder I would recommend would be the Baratza Preciso, around $300, and the best value for the money is a Baratza Vario, at $459. Baratza simply makes the best home grinders at every price point. Their quality of build is far superior to cheaply made grinders like Krups and that sort.

As far as espresso machine, I'll give you 3 starter machines that I would recommend.

3) Gaggia Baby - $400

2) QuickMill Alexia - $1200

1) Quickmill Vetrano - $2200

I recommend taking a read at home-barista. How to choose an espresso machine at the right price.

Happy Brewing!

Last edited:

charl001

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
My suggestions are Nespresso Magimix U with Aeroccino, Starbucks V-600 Verismo, Morphy Richards 47586, KRUPS XP5620 etc and these are got selected as the best in last year as for domestic use. You can get any of the above given makers from any coffee machine distributors like TACE Espresso SystemsTACE Espresso Systems in Toronto.

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I've been using a De'Longhi EC155 for several years now, On Amazon new for $70.00, and go here for a very functional grinder for $15, Do a Google search on Cutlery and More CG-100 Burr Grinder (stupid mssg board won't allow me to post a weblink until I do 4 more posts! Go figure, hope you can find it), I've used these two devices for a few years and have excellent results. If you have money burning a hole in your pocket then go whole hog and buy more expensive but I really doubt you could tell the difference, except if you buy a all in one De'Longhi.

stephengovan

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I like the Gaggia Classic espresso machine. It's very versatile and gives us a great cup of coffee each time. My wife and I are both coffee lovers and we'd recommend this machine for your home any time! But I agree with @John P - you need to get a good grinder if you want the perfect espresso. I see he’s also recommended the Gaggia. :)

Last edited:

Mhippo

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
My first real machine was a Gaggia Evolution. Not highly recommended unless you can put in a few extra dollars (probably less than 100$) and a few hours (also probably less than 100) into upgrading it... I made the mistake of buying a cheap blade grinder. Those things make anywhere from the coarsest french press grind to the finest Turkish grind. Only problem is it makes the whole range with every use. I than bought a different grinder which was moddable to an espresso grind, and finally an actually good grinder. I found good uses for both of my old grinders, but I should have skipped them completely.

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
There are a lot of coffee machines now available and it’s really hard to determine which the best for your home is. However, if you don’t consider the price, you can choose the automatic one because it is easy to operate and easy to clean. You may choose the BonavitaBV1800 Brewer or the Breville BDC600XL. There are many of them and even have a better price. Actually, there are three different types of coffee machine to make espresso. These are capsule, manual, and beans-to-cup machine.