Looking for help deciding on new machine

smack

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey fellow coffee connoisseurs. I am looking to replace my Phillips Senseo machine with either another one or make a switch to something new. I have had this machine for 6 years and it is starting to show its age and I would like to replace it before it leaves me hanging.

Anyways, I have looked around for another one but i'm not seeing anything in 110V. So I decided to join and see what you guys would recommend as an option to this.

Thanks
Mike

CoffeeLovers

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
If you prefer a super-automatic espresso/coffee machine, Delonghi ESAM3300 is recommended. Try also the Keurig K10 Single Cup Coffee maker which can be found at Ebay.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
If you're just making once cup of coffee at a time, have you considered a tea pot and a cone filter holder, like a Melitta cone that sits on a mug? Makes a great cup of coffee, since you're controlling all the variables yourself. I like the Kone from Able Brewing.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I'll second some kind of pour over method. Maybe a little more hands on but still doesn't take very long. If you occasionally need more coffee for guest, consider a Chemex.

Zimmy

Dec 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Bunn makes a home version of their Trifecta that runs on 110... Not as many options for variable changing as I would personally like but a decent range and can produce a solid cup if utilized properly... Also has a couple tea settings...

I am one for the manual brew so that I can watch all the little things, more tedious but more delicious...

Sidenote: the grinder will be the most important part of your manual brew setup...

Cheers!

smack

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Wow thanks for the feedback.

Well to answer some questions what I like about my machine is the crema or froth that sits on top of the coffee after the brew cycle is complete. I also like that it does this pretty fast with minimal effort. I would like to experiment with making and grinding coffee my own coffee but not during the work week.

The Keurig seems like a great alternative but I do t think it employs the crema or froth on top of the coffee when finished brewing like the Senseo. Otherwise I would buy one. Correct me if I'm wrong.

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
If you are open to something new. I would also recommend pour over, fresh roasted coffee, grind and brew.

There are many options. Hario, Melitta,Bee House, Clever, etc.etc. I use the Coava cone now manufactured by Able
as Peter noted in his post. I use it 7 days a week with my Chemex. Great results. I use a Hario kettle.

But you could use the kettle below.
This is a very good electric kettle with pour over capability-in-one for home brewing:
Amazon.com: Bonavita 1.0L Electric Kettle BV3825B: Kitchen & Dining

sailor44

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
The Keurig is handy.I use one. But be advised that it my not actually fill your mug and you may have to use two cycles to do it. there is no way to adjust the amount of brew, a big drawback. Also, if you get the version 2.0 you cannot use a reusable cup, but must use their licensed cups... not good. get the older version.