Hario Skerton & Mini Slim + Drill mods

pencerw

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey all - first post here!

I got a Hario Skerton a few years back, but quickly grew tired of the hand crank (+ the jumps & catches & spills I frequently had with it). So I retrofitted mine with a nut instead of a thumbscrew, and have been using a drill with a nutdriver to grind my coffee.

A friend of mine has the Hario MSS-1B Mini Slim grinder, and he has it even worse: The shaft has a pentagon stud, which has a loose fit with the stamped handle and is difficult to adapt to a drill. We were talking about his situation this week, and I decided to model a pentagon driver that could be 3D printed and would allow the user to use a drill to grind their coffee easily & quickly.

I realize that this is a pretty small market - people who are okay with having a drill in their kitchen - but I'm curious whether anyone else out there would be interested in something like this. I'll be testing a prototype of the part over the next few weeks; if you're interested, give a holler here or on my website (pencerw.com/feed) and I'll work on getting you one to test out!

Cheers,
Spencer Wright
Brooklyn

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    671.1 KB · Views: 1,238
  • CS1003 Render.jpg
    CS1003 Render.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 810