Krups EA8010 vs. philips focus intelia HD8751/19

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Neither are espresso machines, their super-autos, they make espresso ---> if your idea of espresso is a 10-20 second gusher blonding under-extracted watered down shot ;) . Super-autos don't operate at the right temps, no temp stability, poor internal grinders, poor tamping etc. Their all about push button convenience for cup of coffee or milk drinks. My friend had a Jura C9, $2000 super-auto, it sucked. A good semi-auto machine and espresso grinder will curb stomp even commercial super-autos that cost 10k+ for espresso and milk drinks. Pry the best performing super-auto at home is the Monza which I think is over 3k, and a cheap semi-auto and separate grinder will beat it easily. If you just want push button cup and milk based and prefer convenience over quality, then go that route... but don't focus on "espresso" as that's where they severely lack. Reliability is poor too, if out of warranty forget trying to fix or repair yourself without sending in and spending $$$ as internals are all proprietary and not off the shelf that regular machines use whether commercial, prosumer, and regular home users.

Do you want that convenience and no real "espresso", or would you be willing to get a semi-atuo, separate grinder, and fresh beans which will be a little more work as isn't push button, but results in the cup will be far better. You have to decide which you'd prefer :)

Last edited:

Jupiter212

Jan 18, 2014
Vietnam
Visit site
In my opinion, I like Saeco Intelia HD8751. The quality of coffee is good, the design is more attractive and easy to use. If you buy coffee machine first time, HD8751 is better for you to study the manual, understand brewing method and adjust progress for the perfect espresso

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
In my opinion, I like Saeco Intelia HD8751. The quality of coffee is good, the design is more attractive and easy to use. If you buy coffee machine first time, HD8751 is better for you to study the manual, understand brewing method and adjust progress for the perfect espresso
Doesn't make espresso, the only home superauto that can "approach" espresso is the Monza which is about $3,000. Intelia makes pretty bad espresso, if you like it, well.... their fine for a quick cup of coffee, big difference between a cup and espresso. For one thing they don't even have good grinders and aren't near capable of grinding for espresso, they don't tamp well, and not right coffee temps. It'll make espresso, if your idea of espresso a gushing watered down under-extracted shot lol. Just inherent to the superauto design. Even a $10,000+ commercial superatuo like the Nuova Talento would get outperformed by a $500 semi-auto and separate grinder (not in volume, but coffee taste quality).

But if you want convenience and a cup of coffee (not a shot) and milk drinks, superautos are passable, remember to still use fresh roasted beans. And nothing dark/oily as they will gum up the internals of a superauto.

Last edited:

LatteCouture

Jan 26, 2018
Visit site
I just purchased the following: Saeco / HD8927_47/picobaristo-super-automatic-espresso-machine - and waiting on delivery! Looking forward to testing this machine and will report back on how well it works, ease of use and how well the coffee tastes! Price was $1,499.00 and is for home use! It is an attractive machine and not too big for the home or under cabinet use. I believe this will be a good learning machine!

Last edited: