Crema woes..

hotglueman

Feb 6, 2014
Viveash
Visit site
Hi all,
I have 2 coffee machines... a Gaggia Evolution & a Sunbeam Cafe Crema, which one gives the better crema..? The damn Sunbeam using exactly the same beans. (Lavazza)There is an option for the Gaggia to have what's called a 'Crema perfecta' attachment that goes into the basket, but I've been informed that this makes little or no difference. I've just spent $40+ on a new boiler valve and group seal for the Gaggia (bugger) Has someone had dealing with Gaggia Evolutions & could tell me whether they've had good crema results or not.. :mad:

Martin

John P

Jan 5, 2007
Salt Lake City
Visit site
Gaggia is the better of the two. More importantly, what kind of grinder do you have?

Lavazza is not good coffee/espresso by any stretch of the imagination. it is the General Mills of Italy.

Zimmy

Dec 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
Visit site
My home setup was an evolution with a baratza maestro... Pulled beautiful shots... The evolution is definitely the better of the 2 options... I did find that due to the pump in the machine I got better extractions with a time ballpark of 35 seconds rather than the standard ballpark of 20-30 that we use in the shop on the commercial machines...

Cheers!

Bozo

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Lavazza? First sip and I threw it in the trash, horrible poop. Forgive "poop" cause it has a use, Bozo