Jura Ena Micro 1 - Refurb Issue

pnewelljr

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a refurbished Jura Ena Micro 1. I've started to notice grounds in my shots. Not a lot, but if I look I can see a few specks floating around, and when I get to the end of my latte, I can occasionally "feel" them when I drink. Im not sure what to do, is it possible this is because of something I'm doing wrong? Or is it definitely a faulty machine? I emailed both the company I bought from and Jura and got the following responses:

The company I bought it from:

"Thank you for contacting JL Hufford! Every espresso machine will leave some amount of grinds, even traditional espresso machines will have some amount of grinds within the shot. Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you and have a good day."

And Jura

"It is normal to find some grinds, depending on how you have the grinder set."

I think I may be being hyper critical because I just bought this machine and it was a refurb. I will start using fresh beans once I run out of the old ones, which is in about three or so more days. As far as the grinds go, maybe it is normal? Its not a ton or something, I can just see a few particles floating around in my glass. IDK