Espresso machine issues

Theroastedbean

Dec 17, 2013
Myrtle Beach
Visit site
I have a laranzato ME 1 group, my espressos are coming out with any creme. I've tried different grinds and and different blends. My preasure is at 1.0. I've read somewhere that it needs to be at 1.5. Any advice?

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Surely the OP is referring to the boiler pressure as it must be a heat exchange machine. Boiler pressure is what controls steam pressure and for the most part brew temperature. Has nothing to do with brew pressure.

I used a NS Aurelia commercially for some time and had it set around 1.4 bars for boiler pressure and 8-8.5 bars for pump pressure. Of course every machine is going to have a sweet spot and this can vary.

How fresh is your coffee?

Last edited:

kboom1

Nov 27, 2011
NE Pennsylvania
Visit site
I have a laranzato ME 1 group, my espressos are coming out with any creme. I've tried different grinds and and different blends. My preasure is at 1.0. I've read somewhere that it needs to be at 1.5. Any advice?

If you are talking boiler steam pressure 1.5 max . Op stated (my espressos are coming out with any creme) I'm sure the op meant crema. Could be either opv or pump needs adjusted

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
Yes the boiler should be 1-1.5. For some reason I was thinking of the opv since he was talking about no crema which generally points to OPV not set right/faulty. If your boiler is fine, something is off with more likely with the OPV, do you have a pressure gauge to check? Check the water pump as well.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
In my experience little to no crema is usually caused by stale coffee. Even a steam type "espresso" machine can generate tons of crema with fresh coffee at 1-2 bars of pressure.

The machine in question is a commercial 1 group and probably has a rotary pump, which means no inferior OPV to bother with, but rather an adjustable bypass.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
oh no doubt with the stale beans, I would fig someone using a commercial group is using fresh beans but never know lol. Looks like these machines are just relabeled, internals should be all Rancillio from the S2 models (27 etc).