Sale on Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I've been wanting the Bonavita electric kettle for a long time but just couldn't justify the nearly $100 price tag in my mind. Amazon just dropped the price to below $60 so I grabbed it. Here is the link if anyone is interested.

Amazon.com: Bonavita 1-Liter Variable Temperature Digital Electric Gooseneck Kettle: Kitchen & Dining

I actually paid $63.55 by choosing one on the right side of the linked page as the one featured is not in stock yet. Though it says it will be in stock on April 30, I have bad luck in out-of-stock things actually ever getting delivered.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I use a non-variable-temp Bonavita every morning for my pourover. They're great, and for my hand the handle is very ergonomic.

I don't get why people would want the variable temp feature, but I'm just kinda old school.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I don't get why people would want the variable temp feature, but I'm just kinda old school.

To be honest, I was planning to eventually get the one without the variable temperature control but since it came up with the same price as the one without, I jumped on it. I doubt I'll need that feature very often.

janry

Dec 16, 2013
Nashville, TN
Visit site
I received my kettle yesterday and used it for the first time this morning. I can only assume I had been judging the temperature of the water incorrectly before. My old kettle would come to a full rolling boil and cut-off automatically. I just let it settle for a few seconds before pouring. I figured the temperature would drop enough to be roughly correct.

I set the new kettle at 206 degrees. With my first sip of this morning's coffee I first thought "this is quiet a bit cooler" and my 2nd thought was "WoW! This is good coffee". The beans I was using were the same I used the previous two mornings and I had been very disappointed. Too harsh or bitter and almost undrinkable.

So, this old dog has learned something new. Even my wife said this was a very good cup of coffee. High praise coming from her.