16oz Aeropress help.

AgainstTheNinja

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone! I just received an Aeropress today and can't brew a good 16oz cup. I tried a finer grind and 1 minute steep time twice, then poured in 16oz of water and it was watered down. That time I ground 17oz of coffee. The second time I used 30 grams with the same method: still watered down. The third time I tried a coarse grind with two minute steep time and 30 grams of coffee: still watered down. So it's been a day of failures lol.

I'm wondering if there is a good coffee/water ratio for this? I heard Aeropresses can't make 16 oz, which is disappointing. I guess I'm hoping that isn't true.

Would appreciate any help because I don't want to waste more beans!

gnlocklin

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Everyone seems to have a little different spin on the aeropress. My personal choice is using one rounded scoop of beans ground fine, then tamp the grinds a little, lightly pour very small amount of water (like the start of a pour over). Steep for 30 seconds, then add water to between 2-3 oz mark. Steep for another 1.5 minutes with no agitation, and then plunge fairly quick. Top off the cup with water, Americano style. A nice full flavor, so long as the beans are fresh.