Moka pot or Aeropress

Phoenix

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
For a while I've been using a French press or when I'm in a rush my autodrip. And now I want to move on to espresso my budget isn't that big so a proper espresso machine is off the table until later in the year so I'm going to get one or the other. now I know moka pots don't really make espresso they only use a 2-3 bars when 9 is needed for espresso but I was wondering which you guys think makes better coffee.

Phoenix

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered a 3 cup bialletti but I'm gonna buy a aeropress simply to try it. seems I'm collecting different coffee making methods.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

garryyjr

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I bought an aeropress a few years back. Maybe used it 10 times.. Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I do not care for how it taste. I also drink a lot of coffee, so I rather make more than one cup at a time.

4rugal

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
I bought an aeropress a few years back. Maybe used it 10 times.. Don't know if I am doing something wrong, but I do not care for how it taste. I also drink a lot of coffee, so I rather make more than one cup at a time.

Too watery? How are your beans being ground?

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone mentioned a sale at World Market on the Aeropress, so I went to check it out. They didn't have any in the store, and the clerk was unfamiliar with the Aeropress, but he looked it up, and found the regular price was around $35.00...don't remember exactly. He checked the register with the sku# and it is indeed on sale from 'MSRP' at $24.95, so I ordered one. I am desperate for something I can use at work that isn't going to break like my french press. I know me...trust me, it will break....just sayin'!

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I like a Moka pot but if I only could only choose one it would be an AeroPress. Works with any kind of grind (you've just to to trial and error and figure out how much of each type grind is best for the way you like your coffee). Cleans in a snap.

Even when I'm on the road I can stop at a petrol station and their crummy bean-to-cup coffee maker will have a hot water spout for tea drinkers. So I just take my Aeropress in and make my own (and as long as I'm buying so fuel I don't even feel bad about it).

4rugal

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
Someone mentioned a sale at World Market on the Aeropress, so I went to check it out. They didn't have any in the store, and the clerk was unfamiliar with the Aeropress, but he looked it up, and found the regular price was around $35.00...don't remember exactly. He checked the register with the sku# and it is indeed on sale from 'MSRP' at $24.95, so I ordered one. I am desperate for something I can use at work that isn't going to break like my french press. I know me...trust me, it will break....just sayin'!
I'm glad you got one. remember that you can reuse the paper filters after rinsing and drying them.

garryyjr

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Too watery? How are your beans being ground?

Bitter.. I use a grinder that I have to try and see through the lid, to make sure I am not grinding them too much.

Even if I get it down, I don't think I will use it much. I drink way more coffee to make single cups.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm glad you got one. remember that you can reuse the paper filters after rinsing and drying them.

I like that you mention the reuse option...is this because they are difficult to find, or is this from a reduce, reuse, recycle perspective? My only concern would be any offtastes attributable to the trapped oils in the reused filter.