the best drip coffee maker

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Really depends on your budget, use, expectations, etc. Some may suggest you go another route and avoid drip, but since you asked I highly suggest this machine...

Phase Brew HG | Bunn

OR the thermal carafe version at this killer price if you're a Costco member...

http://www.costco.com/BUNN®-Phase-Brew®-HT-8-cup-Thermal-Coffee-Brewer.product.100089277.html

I bought the HG version back around Sept 2013 to brew black tea and it's a fantastic machine. It's one of only 4 machines certified by the SCAA (last time I checked anyway) that can brew hot enough consistently and have the proper flow rate for superb coffee.
It takes about 6 minutes for the water to heat to 203~ degrees and 3.5-4 minutes to flow through the basket depending on volume/grind fineness of what you're brewing. I did read about some issues they had early on, but they have definitely been resolved and I have nothing but praise for this drip machine. IMBHO it's also the most awesome looking machine of it's kind.

Surfer

Jun 18, 2011
Boca Raton, FL
Visit site
The Technivorm, Bonavita, and Bunn Phase Brew HG are all great imo, can't go wrong either way. Just remember to pair with a good coarse grinder like a Baratza Encore and fresh beans and any of them will make great drip coffee.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Huge building..my office was on opposite side of the warehouse...ghetto. origins owners hired only day laborers...it got rough a few times.

Latest posts