new Manual ESPRESSO MACHINE>>>>

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
It works pretty well, I know several people that have one. I think it takes some playing around to get it perfect but it makes a nice espresso IMO.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
I am little skeptical about the temperature of the espresso.
But I am not sure.... I think even with hot boiling water, this will have hard time keeping the temp up.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Last month I recorded an episode of Dangerous Grounds, and I finally got around to watching it last night. Todd was in the back woods someplace in Brazil, and it looked like he was using the exact same manual machine that's on the video. As he was using it, he made it look like he had to use a lot of muscle to push down the handles to extract the coffee. The woman in the video made it look very easy.

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Todd seems to be a bit of an showman with that stuff. As far as the temp goes you extract so quickly I doubt it has a long time to drop. There are several videos online showing how to use it. On La Colombe website Todd heats the whole machine in hot water before use maybe that helps.

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
The ROK is nothing new. It has been arouind since 2002, starting as the "PRESSO". Since then the design has been improved a bit (at least according to their website blurb), but all in all its the same thing.

ROK | Homepage for the ROK espresso maker
"We love coffee. We love design and engineering. So we wanted to create the best coffee maker we could. So that’s what we did – back in 2002 when the ROK espresso maker began life as the Presso. Now, 30,000 happy customers later we have improved it all round. With 35% stronger metal it’s virtually indestructible – but please don’t try! The base now has rubber feet to stop it from sliding. The milk-frother has been upgraded from plastic to stainless steel and the cardboard box has been replaced with a re-usable storage tin."

=============

Len