HLF espresso machine Users- Experiences, Adjustments, Repairs, Products used, etc.

davekro

I would like to start a thread for discussion of HLF automated espresso machines. If you run HLF's (4600-G2, 5500, other models) lets share things we've learned to help them operate more smoothly, technical insights, trouble shooting and tweaks made.

I have been running two 4600-G2's for just under 2 months now. My main issues have been issues with beans being too oily and the powder bin capacity being undersized. I just added an extended bin kit to one machine, which adds only about 40% more milk.

If anyone here has a suggestion for another forum (maybe more OCS espresso oriented) that may be more useful to (and seen ;o) by auto espresso machine users, I'd appreciate if you could let me know. I have a lot of experience with Colibri LX's and Saeco DA 7P's over the years, but these are a hole 'nother animal.

Thanks in advance for anyone willing to share their knowledge of these machines here. I am willing to share a lot that I have learned in my ramping these HLF's up in a very high volume account, if their is any interest here.

Thank you,
Dave
PS. I have been in OCS and vending since 1984. Recently, I have changed to OCS only.

Latest posts