Quality Coffee Containers

BOBLG64

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum. I haven't figured out how to search threads yet and couldn't find one regarding this topic. Sorry if it's already been covered. I'm looking for a quality container to store my higher end beans (ie. single origin, espresso etc.). Does anyone have any counter top (non-glass) container recommendations? I'm not interested in the type that you have to replace an air filter every few months. I typically buy my coffee in smaller amounts to use as quickly as possible. Thank you in advance!

B.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Those look good CJ. But the valve would be more of a gimmick for those who buy coffee, since the coffee is most likely done outgassing by the time it gets home and in the canister.

I'd like to find a canister or a way to use one, in which excess air can be removed; each time you open it to scoop out some beans, a new supply of bean-staling air is locked in with the remaining beans.

That's why I like plain old zip-locks (preferably foil pouches) so you can adapt the container to the amount of beans in it, even though they aren't as pretty if you're leaving your coffee on the countertop.

eldub

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at bringing in a container with a lid that is lowered to the level of the beans each time it's replaced. I'm pretty sure it retails for about $25 for the pound container. They also have a half pound option.

BOBLG64

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Bought 2 and they're awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I ordered mine initially from liquid planet but cancelled the order. if you have a container store nearby save yourself the money in shipping and buy there.

doddcoffee

Jun 30, 2014
Houston, Tx
Visit site
Those look good CJ. But the valve would be more of a gimmick for those who buy coffee, since the coffee is most likely done outgassing by the time it gets home and in the canister.

I agree the amount of pressure needed for the CO2 to be pushed out via the valves is probably not high enough after a a week or 2 to make that huge of a difference. With that said, I personally use and recommend the Beansafe containers.