Home Espresso Machine

TolliCafe

Jun 19, 2014
North Texas
Visit site
I am looking for the best, cheap semi-automatic espresso machine for the house. I am wanting something that will work so that I can practice making different drinks. I am just wanting the basic for me to learn on. What are some suggestions? I have looked at the: De’Longhi Icona ECO310 Espresso Machine and the De’Longhi EC155.... but the reviews are mixed. Any help would be appreciated!

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
If you have $200 to spend on it, get a ROK presso. It is the closest thing to a coffee house espresso I have been able to do at home. The real key though is a good grinder for it. If you buy pre-ground or have a cheap grinder then better to just get a Mokka Pot.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
If you have $200 to spend on it, get a ROK presso. It is the closest thing to a coffee house espresso I have been able to do at home. The real key though is a good grinder for it.

Wow that ROK presso looks awesome! I have never seen one like that before. Looks like it would last for years.

also, would a good manual grinder like a Hario hand grinder work? How fine does espresso need to be?

Last edited:

TolliCafe

Jun 19, 2014
North Texas
Visit site
If you have $200 to spend on it, get a ROK presso. It is the closest thing to a coffee house espresso I have been able to do at home. The real key though is a good grinder for it. If you buy pre-ground or have a cheap grinder then better to just get a Mokka Pot.

Is that just a manuel press? I was hoping for more of a semi automatic...

BFRoasters

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Wow that ROK presso looks awesome! I have never seen one like that before. Looks like it would last for years.

also, would a good manual grinder like a Hario hand grinder work? How fine does espresso need to be?

pretty fine, we have a baratza virtuoso and it works well, I have never used a hand grinder but it if it is burrs then I would imagine it would work fine.

wwcove

Banned
Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! I watched a few YouTube videos on that espresso machine and it looks really cool. I personally prefer manual equipment. I'm gonna save up for one of these. Thanks for sharing!