Opinion on the Lavazza LB 1100 Machine

chribonn

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I've owned an LB800 machine. I am looking to purchase a second machine and would prefer to stick to the BLUE capsule system.

I was wondering whether anyone one has information about the Lavazza LB1100 machine they can share.

Thank you.

Regards,
Alan

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
They are all pretty much up to the same task. Your not getting a ton of bells and whistles for upgrades here. It makes the same cup that your last one provided. I can't remember the model number right now but Lavazza does make a real espresso machine which can be seen here Lavazza | Single-Serve. The LB4712 does come in 1 group setup uses the same capsules but now can make you the latte that most of the little Lavazza machines can only dream of.

chribonn

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
They are all pretty much up to the same task. Your not getting a ton of bells and whistles for upgrades here. It makes the same cup that your last one provided. I can't remember the model number right now but Lavazza does make a real espresso machine which can be seen here Lavazza | Single-Serve. The LB4712 does come in 1 group setup uses the same capsules but now can make you the latte that most of the little Lavazza machines can only dream of.

Thank you. My coffee consumption is around 3 - 5 cups a day and I need a ***home*** machine costing a few hundred Euros at most. I realized (after a bit of research) that:
1. many of the high quality machines require that you either keep the machine on or have a considerable warming cycle;
2. (some models) seem to consume massive amounts of water to make a cup of espresso.
3. Require a lot of tamping, grinding, flushing, etc - I don't always have the time for such preparation times;
4. Will probably limit me if I decide to go for ground coffee; I have 4 different BLUE capsules which suite my drinking cycle (DECAF, ESPRESSO, CAPUCCHINO - I have a NEXPRESSO Aerochino to prepare the milk) and the new Lavazza VERY capsules which I sometimes use for espressos.

I understand that some of the coffee aficionados reading this might be sweating and holding their heart :) but I think that the simple machine I own does a pretty decent above average coffee. I've been to many bars in Europe where the espresso I purchased was of a lesser taste than what my little LB800 makes.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I would say if all your drinking is the cup that was made for you then buy your next model up and be happy with it. From one model to the next on the low end side there just isn't a lot of comparison.

Latest posts