Can you identify this moka pot?

dmiale

Aug 2, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Visit site
Picked up this Moka pot and it has no manufacturer's identification on it, other than "made in Italy' Can you identify it, and perhaps come up with a time frame?

Attachments

• mokapot.jpg
    mokapot.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 272

JumpinJakJava

Dec 12, 2011
Thomaston, CT
Visit site
Does it have a basket inside? If it does, it can be used for brewing coffee. That would be a coffee wand too.
I have seen some moka pots with 2 wands. One for frothing and the other to dispense the coffee.
Yours could certainly froth milk too. I am with you Topher, pressure under high heat, I will step back!
images.jpg

dmiale

Aug 2, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Visit site
Moka pot

Does it have a basket inside? If it does, it can be used for brewing coffee. That would be a coffee wand too.
I have seen some moka pots with 2 wands. One for frothing and the other to dispense the coffee.
Yours could certainly froth milk too. I am with you Topher, pressure under high heat, I will step back!
View attachment 2161
It is definitely an espresso maker. A friend of mine in Italy told me it looks like a Neopolitan moka pot and his mother says it is probably circa 1940s.
It does have a basket and steam valve. I tried it out the other night but the gasket is too warn to create pressure. I only paid $5 US at a local thrift store

Last edited: