Skerton or Mini Mill?

WurstJokes

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi there, I would like to ask for a help with choosing a grinder. I am not sure if I should get Mini Mill or Skerton. Most of the times I will be making coffee only for me, maybe one more person and at home, but at some ocasions I may make coffee for up to 6 people and sometimes at the office. Which one should I get?

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
Skerton; up to 100 gr, minimill 40 gr.
Clear model is also interesting for the vacum sistem down, you can fix it on the table and grind, but is more expensive and only can hold 40 gr.

Salu2.
Indesio.

WurstJokes

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, I know how much coffee it can take, I would just like to know opinions if it is better to get bigger one right away, or buy smaller and in case of more people, grind two times. Because I never had grinder before and have no idea how long it takes really.
Btw, frenchpress and maybe v60 later.

Last edited:

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
Well, I know how much coffee it can take, I would just like to know opinions if it is better to get bigger one right away, or buy smaller and in case of more people, grind two times. Because I never had grinder before and have no idea how long it takes really.

It's borring grinding more than 20-30 gr. For more i will choose an electric one.

Minimil has a piece where fix the axe, made of plastic. This piece uses to go (i don't know haow to explain in english, sorry) over scuared and the grinder becomes useless. It's the main reason i bought an skerton. An other suprese was, the skerton pot. It's hermetic and cup is included. You can storage the over roasted coffe. Grinding section is almost the same. A friend alwais askes me to change his minimill for my skerton.

Salu2.
Indesio.

Indesio

Sep 22, 2012
Barakaldo
Visit site
I'm not nostradamus, but i'm placing my pronostic :wink:.

2 months and you will buy an electric grinder. A cheap one, my be a Krups GVX, a Russel Hobs or a similar one. 3 to 4 mounths later a not so cheap one. You have start the "search of perfection" running. Enjoy it :) :) :) :p.

Salu2.
Indesio.

WurstJokes

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
If Krups GVX is grinding better, then maybe I will, if not, why should I do that? I do not care if I will have to grind for four minutes it the coffee will be better :D.

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I don't think the Krups or any of the entry level burr grinders will give you the same particle consistency of the Skerton. You'd want a conical burr grinnder (if you're going electric) such as the Baratza Encore.