Best Gaggia for home under £300

Liquidline

Sep 9, 2014
Norwich
Visit site
Help!

I'm sure this is a really easy one for most Gaggia experts - I have a Gaggia carezza but now want to upgrade. While I love my little carezza, the steam wand isn't great and it isn't very robust.

So I wondered what people thought was the best Gaggia for the the home under £300? I really want to make the best coffee I can and do love the Gaggia's I have tried.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
G

Liquidline

Sep 9, 2014
Norwich
Visit site
Does changing the steam arm and crema part really make a difference? And is a really expensive grinder worth it?

Realistically am I going to really need a (URL removed by PinkRose) commercial espresso machine if I want coffee shop quality drinks? Or can a home machine do the job. I know that as I don't go through beans as much as a shop they won't be as fresh, but an awesome cup each time I open a new bag would be enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey Liquidline,

It looks like you just tried to SPAM the Coffee Forum by posting 6 posts and then inserting a link to the Liquidline website.

I'm not sure what to do about you! Let me think about it a while......

Rose

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Realistically am I going to really need a (URL removed by PinkRose) commercial espresso machine if I want coffee shop quality drinks? Or can a home machine do the job. I know that as I don't go through beans as much as a shop they won't be as fresh, but an awesome cup each time I open a new bag would be enough.

NO you do not need a commercial level machine to obtain great espresso consistently. Commercial only gets you increased volume and longevity.

Controlling water temperature consistently, brew pressure and flow rate are all that really matters. This can be done on most machines without doing a song and a dance. Those that tend to rely on more expensive machines with all the bells and whistles simply want the equipment to do the work as they are either too lazy or lack skill/understanding of the process.

A good grinder is recommended to really dial espresso in, but you don't have to spend a ton to do so.

Sourcing FRESH coffee is key for espresso and you should be able to keep coffee fresher than most shops I've been in. I know I can anyway.