How long does a DolceGusto Machine typically last?

Marco_Q

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I am considering purchasing a DolceGusto pod coffee machine, but I am not sure how long does the machine typically last. there are some comments on Amazon complaining about the short lifespan of DolceGusto and I don't know whether this is common.
So do you mind letting me know how long you (or your friends) have been using your DolceGusto pod machine and how does it perform?
Thanks!
Marco

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
My wife has one and uses it almost daily. Use balanced water in it, clean as recommended (which isn't very involved) and it should last at least several years. I can't say for sure how old hers is (less than 1 year), but more importantly would be how many cycles it has been put through. I haven't looked at the schematic for it, but it's really nothing more than a vibe pump, flash heating element of some kind (block or coil) and a flow meter that is fairly accurate. The only issue(s) I could see people having would be scale buildup from hard water OR those using the reusable pods/grinding their own coffee and putting the pump under too much strain from going too fine on the grind.

My only complaint with it (as I operate/maintain it for her) is the water tank is nearly impossible to clean, by hand anyway. Might could use a bottle brush and lightly scrub the inside or just soak with diluted white vinegar and rinse well. Otherwise, it's a good machine for what it is and definitely a step above the Keurig type machines for those looking for something with more flavor and texture.

Marco_Q

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
My wife has one and uses it almost daily. Use balanced water in it, clean as recommended (which isn't very involved) and it should last at least several years. I can't say for sure how old hers is (less than 1 year), but more importantly would be how many cycles it has been put through. I haven't looked at the schematic for it, but it's really nothing more than a vibe pump, flash heating element of some kind (block or coil) and a flow meter that is fairly accurate. The only issue(s) I could see people having would be scale buildup from hard water OR those using the reusable pods/grinding their own coffee and putting the pump under too much strain from going too fine on the grind.

My only complaint with it (as I operate/maintain it for her) is the water tank is nearly impossible to clean, by hand anyway. Might could use a bottle brush and lightly scrub the inside or just soak with diluted white vinegar and rinse well. Otherwise, it's a good machine for what it is and definitely a step above the Keurig type machines for those looking for something with more flavor and texture.
Hello Shadow745,
Which model are you using?
Thanks!
Marco