Tamper Help Needed

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
Here's a chart for doing the conversion. Scroll down and you'll see fractions of an inch too.

inch/mm CONVERSION CHART

It appears mine would be 54 mm. When I use the one I have there is about 1/8 inch gap if I position it to one side. If it's centered there is always grind being pushed up on the rim of the basket. I happened to see a commercial on TV which showed a tamper being used and it was a near perfect fit. Mine works but I always end up cleaning up around the basket rim as well as going back all around inside of basket rim to push down the grind that pushed up.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
The other way would to buy a tamper that is machined to the basket. I have a Cafelat and VST baskets thas has a nice tight fit, but you might have to try a few baskets out. I had a tamper made by Pullman and he machined it to the VST basket.

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
The other way would to buy a tamper that is machined to the basket. I have a Cafelat and VST baskets thas has a nice tight fit, but you might have to try a few baskets out. I had a tamper made by Pullman and he machined it to the VST basket.

I'm going to go by the measurement that I took and use the chart provided earlier. Should be 54mm. Thanks