Coffee Grinder Recommendations

stonegregory

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find the best grinder that will fulfill all of my needs. I'm sure this is a common post. I don't need a large grinder that holds beans or anything like that. I want something that I can measure out my beans, choose the right grind, toss it in and be done. I would prefer an electric(conical burrs obvi) because I don't want to have to manually grind my beans every single day. The majority of grinders I find have the bean holders and I don't see that being necessary. I've been looking at the Capresso 560.01 Infinity and that seems to be the most promising. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi "Stonegregory"

Welcome to the Coffee forums website.

If you do a search on this Forum for the Capresso Infinity, you will see threads where people have recommended it.

Do some comparison research on the Capresso Infinity and the Baratza Encore, and then decide which one would best suit your needs. There is a price difference of about $30 between the two on Amazon. (the Infinity is less expensive).

Rose

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Where the Encore comes out ahead is on their reputation for service; you'll see very broad approval across the interwebz for the way Baratza stands behind their products. You can buy parts for them, speak to someone who will help diagnose and give instructions over the phone, as well as via tutorials on their website. Grinders don't last forever. You can save $30, but in 3 or 4 years, you might have to toss a busted Capresso, versus fixing a Baratz for $30 and using it for another 3 or 4 years.

A few years ago I bought a Baratza Virtuoso on craigslist. When I got it home it stopped working after 2 days. I called Baratza and explained that it was a used grinder. They did some troubleshooting over the phone, and sent the parts I needed at no charge, not even for shipping. And I hear stories like that all the time... try that with Capresso.

Last edited:

StarCoffee

Nov 30, 2014
New York
Visit site
You should def get the Baratzza Encore - they have excellent customer service too and the grinder produces very consistent grinds. Esp. good for espresso

Why not consider a manual hand grinder? If you're not going to brew that much coffee you might as well get it (takes only 30 seconds to grind turning the knob) Plus it's really fun to use a hand grinder - coffee made by your own loving hands tastes much better, no?

Last edited:

DorothyGonzalez

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi stonegregory! So, you are looking for a best grinder that will fulfill all of your needs. Well, I can suggest that you may visit AllBestCoffeemakers.com to see a variety of coffee grinders that can suits your needs. Cheers!:coffee: