Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Michelin standard restaurants using pod machines? How depressing.
    I always thought that you could expect the best from these establishments!
    I'm sure they are capable of making better coffee than an untrained barista, but really, is this the best they can do?
    Plastic pods that will end up choking a sea turtle one day filled with 6g? of coffee, ground a couple of months ago AND if you multiply the cost of a pod by the amount required to get a kilo of beans you'd shed a tear when you figure out how much they cost...

I'm with CoffeeJunky. Go with the AeroPress and a Conical Burr grinder (Baratza Refurb to save a few $) or go the dripper route instead of the AeroPress. I am hesitant to recommend the V60 for someone new to pour over coffee so I'd go with a Beehouse dripper or some other dripper that uses standard Melitta cone filters. The notNeutral Gino will yield nice results (even when mistakes are made) as well and goes perfectly (like they were made for each other) with the Hario V60 server. Then, if you ever want to go the V60 dripper route, you'll have the complementing server already. The Gino and V60 drippers both use proprietary harder to find filters which is why I recommend starting with the Beehouse or other Melitta-style dripper.
    Last edited by Beegle; 02-26-2015 at 08:20 PM.

The V60 pairs well with a Kone, and the Beehouse will accept a Freiling Gold #2, if you want to stay away from paper filters.

If you opt for the Beehouse with one of their cool, matching, bottom pots make sure you preheat it all.

Do you want to use it for home or travelling as well?
    If you are searching for a coffee maker for your home then you may ignore the weight section. This is because there would be no need to move it from one place to another.
    People you engage in a lot of travelling may want a coffee machine which is lightweight and easy to carry. In that case it is best to carry the single serve machine that weighs less than 3 pounds. It can be a benefit as you don’t have to search for coffee shops. For example- Kitchen Selectives CM-688 1-Cup Single Serve Drip Coffee Maker can fulfill your need.
    Conclusion
    So, now that you know which the right drip coffee maker for you is, go for a shopping spree and choose the latest model. It is best to buy from online stores as it offers great discounts and free shipping. The most trusted site is Amazon.com. You can get innumerable honest reviews about various products.

Quote Originally Posted by doddsy View Post
    my budget would be 1-2 hundred bucks, would be brewing about a cup or two, every morning however,my cousin and father have just opened a café shop since I love coffee I've asked my father if I can start growing roasting my own coffee,for now 1-2 but it could go up
    Hi doddsy,

You can buy a BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer,it can brew any type of coffee, be it tea bags, K-Cups or powdered coffee. It can also serve as hot water dispenser for your morning breakfast.and if you shop in Amazon then you can get it at an excellent discounted price of just 159.99 bucks today.

If you want to know more about single serve brewer,you can visit How to Choose a Single Serve Coffee Maker?
    Last edited by kristinacampbell; 09-09-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Drip coffee makers on the other hand heats up the cold water from the reservoir of the coffee maker. It is then dripped onto the coffee grounds which is stored within the filter assembly. This is the specialty of this coffee maker. The end result is the brewed coffee that you would love to sip to keep yourself stimulated throughout the day

Bonavita Coffee Maker BV1900TS hands down! I got this from a barista

The Slayer!

it's really expensive as for me. You can buy good drip coffee maker for 100 $. Just find good for you.
    I see that it's old theme but maybe it's actually question

Quote Originally Posted by doddsy View Post
    I was thinking of buying a new coffee machine and I've found a site that's in my price range but i'm not sure which one to buy link here www.coffeepercolatorworld.com what do you think is the best machine?? are pod machine good for anything ??
    A variety of coffee machines nowadays is great, so i ve surfed all the internet before buying one. The price is important for me so the surch wasn t easy. Ive bought a coffee machine thnx to this link 10 Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews ? TOP Choice . Maybe you check it? it helped me, maybe it will be usefull for you too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links