What is the best coffee machine ????

BoldJava

Jul 29, 2006
St Paul, Minnesota
Visit site
Suggest sticking with an SCAA certified brewer. They conform to standards and will assure continuous water at the right temperature.

Technivorm Moccamaster
Bunn Phase Brew 8 Cup Coffee Brewer
Bonavita 8 Cup Exceptional Brew Coffee Maker with glass or thermal carafe
Brazen Plus Customizable Temperature Control Brew System
KitchenAid Coffee Maker KCM0802
Bonavita Coffee Maker (model BV1900TS)

Specialty Coffee Association of America

GKcoffee

Sep 29, 2014
New York, NY
Visit site
how do you drink your coffee normally? do you have a grinder and how much patience/time are you prepared to invest in getting a nice cup made every morning. you should answer before buying.

GKcoffee

Sep 29, 2014
New York, NY
Visit site
btw, don't rule out pod machines as well. keurig or nespresso won't win barrista competitions, but they provide coffee for a 30 million americans now. the quality is better than what the majority of consumers can regularly make themselves and consistency and convenience are phenomenal. I hear that a third of Michelin starred restaurants now use nespresso machines. They work better than untrained waiters pulling shots with stale coffee and unadjusted grinders.
Pod People: Nespresso?s Push to Become High-End Restaurants? Go-To Coffee -- Grub Street

doddsy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
my budget would be 1-2 hundred bucks, would be brewing about a cup or two, every morning however,my cousin and father have just opened a café shop since I love coffee I've asked my father if I can start growing roasting my own coffee,for now 1-2 but it could go up

doddsy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
how do you drink your coffee normally? do you have a grinder and how much patience/time are you prepared to invest in getting a nice cup made every morning. you should answer before buying.

no I don' own grinder,i have all the patience in the world, i'm a chef so I understand patience

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
no I don' own grinder,i have all the patience in the world, i'm a chef so I understand patience

doddsy, I use my espresso setup in the afternoon, but in the mornings I make one large mug of coffee and here's how;

I use a conical burr grinder (mine's a Baratza Virtuoso, but to stay in your budget an Encore would work equally well). I use an electric kettle to heat the water. And I change up between a french press, and a Clever Coffee Dripper (I like full-immersion brewing).

Using a setup like that allows you to control all the parameters of the brew, and will give you great results, and will cost under $200.

The list that BoldJava posted would be what I would choose from if I wanted a more automated electric brewer.

You might also consider a Chemex brewer. Or, if you really like to get involved, a siphon brewer such as a Yama, would serve you well too.

But any of these will require a grinder, and a conical burr grinder will give you great results.

doddsy

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
ok great advice guy's. sorry i'm a really newbie but really intrested in learning is it true that if the water doesn't hit all the coffee grounds at the same time and soaks through I effects the flavour of the coffee

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
In my opinion there are few options for your coffee brewing. But I would spend about 100 dollars on burr grinder first. After purchasing grinder, I would recommend for your purchase and try Aeropress. That should cost your around 20-25 dollars and that would give you good start on coffee brewing. Since you are not afraid of getting your hands dirty, try work on drip brewing method. I would use Hario brand but there are many nice hand drip coffee maker, Also French press and Siphon coffee maker. That should cost around 25-80 dollars for french press and 50-300 dollars for siphon coffee maker, depends on the type you would like to get but I find under 100 dollars should be sufficient enough.

I believe those are the best way to brew your coffee. ;)

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Michelin standard restaurants using pod machines? How depressing.
I always thought that you could expect the best from these establishments!
I'm sure they are capable of making better coffee than an untrained barista, but really, is this the best they can do?
Plastic pods that will end up choking a sea turtle one day filled with 6g? of coffee, ground a couple of months ago AND if you multiply the cost of a pod by the amount required to get a kilo of beans you'd shed a tear when you figure out how much they cost...

Beegle

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm with CoffeeJunky. Go with the AeroPress and a Conical Burr grinder (Baratza Refurb to save a few $) or go the dripper route instead of the AeroPress. I am hesitant to recommend the V60 for someone new to pour over coffee so I'd go with a Beehouse dripper or some other dripper that uses standard Melitta cone filters. The notNeutral Gino will yield nice results (even when mistakes are made) as well and goes perfectly (like they were made for each other) with the Hario V60 server. Then, if you ever want to go the V60 dripper route, you'll have the complementing server already. The Gino and V60 drippers both use proprietary harder to find filters which is why I recommend starting with the Beehouse or other Melitta-style dripper.

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
The V60 pairs well with a Kone, and the Beehouse will accept a Freiling Gold #2, if you want to stay away from paper filters.

If you opt for the Beehouse with one of their cool, matching, bottom pots make sure you preheat it all.

jeremiahhensley

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
Do you want to use it for home or travelling as well?
If you are searching for a coffee maker for your home then you may ignore the weight section. This is because there would be no need to move it from one place to another.
People you engage in a lot of travelling may want a coffee machine which is lightweight and easy to carry. In that case it is best to carry the single serve machine that weighs less than 3 pounds. It can be a benefit as you don’t have to search for coffee shops. For example- Kitchen Selectives CM-688 1-Cup Single Serve Drip Coffee Maker can fulfill your need.
Conclusion
So, now that you know which the right drip coffee maker for you is, go for a shopping spree and choose the latest model. It is best to buy from online stores as it offers great discounts and free shipping. The most trusted site is Amazon.com. You can get innumerable honest reviews about various products.

kristinacampbell

May 22, 2015
Visit site
my budget would be 1-2 hundred bucks, would be brewing about a cup or two, every morning however,my cousin and father have just opened a café shop since I love coffee I've asked my father if I can start growing roasting my own coffee,for now 1-2 but it could go up
Hi doddsy,

You can buy a BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use Home Coffee Brewer,it can brew any type of coffee, be it tea bags, K-Cups or powdered coffee. It can also serve as hot water dispenser for your morning breakfast.and if you shop in Amazon then you can get it at an excellent discounted price of just 159.99 bucks today.

If you want to know more about single serve brewer,you can visit How to Choose a Single Serve Coffee Maker?

Last edited: