WTB Part for Kent All Glass Coffee Vacuum Brewer

vacuumcoffeedrinker

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Hello!
First, let me start off by apologizing if I posted this Thread in the wrong section.

I was recently turned on to Vacuum Coffee Brewers and I now swear by them. I purchased a vintage 1940's Kent 8-cup All Glass Vacuum Coffee Brewer with a porcelain filter. It has brewed great tasting coffee for me. Yesterday I broke the lower chamber by walking away from the stove for too long and when I returned, the remaining 3/8" or so of water had evaporated from the lower chamber (Bad, I know). The heat from the stove cracked the glass.

I'm attaching a picture of the Vacuum Brewer to give one more insight as to what exactly I'm looking for.

Thank you for your time!

Sincerely,
Jackie Rabb

20150118_110506.jpg

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Pardon me for posting what will not help you, directly.

If you can't find what you need, you might consider a new Yama vacpot, and use a Cory rod. It should produce a very similar cup to what your Kent made. The difference would be that the upper globe on a Yama has a glass tube at the bottom, which when seated on the lower part will extend down to about 1/2" from the bottom. That leaves 1/2" of water in the bottom, and makes it very difficult to boil it dry.