How do you brew a single cup with Technivorm kgbt741

KenRC51

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I recently bought a technivorm kgbt741 and love it. I only use this machine for myself. When I need to go to work or school I'll brew 16oz (what my contigo tumbler holds) and when I'm home I'll brew about 24oz so I can refill in an hour or 2.

When I brew just 16oz I put 6tbs of fresh grinded beans and let it presoak for 30 secs. When I brew 24oz I don't presoak and just let the machine do its thing.
I know that this machine is timed perfectly to brew the whole pot which is 40oz.

What is the best method to brew 16oz and 24oz?

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello KenRC51,

Do you like the coffee that you've made using the methods that you described?

Why do you "presoak" the coffee grounds for the 16 ounce brew, but you don't "presoak" them for the 24 ounce brew? Do you taste a difference?

Rose

H12Mike

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I also have the moccamaster but just adjust the brew setting to the half speed drip so the total brew time is longer. I have only had it for two weeks but found the grind of the beans plays the biggest factor in the end result.

KenRC51

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Hello KenRC51,

Do you like the coffee that you've made using the methods that you described?

Why do you "presoak" the coffee grounds for the 16 ounce brew, but you don't "presoak" them for the 24 ounce brew? Do you taste a difference?

Rose

I like it but since I'm really new to it I don't know if it could of been better. I presoak for the 16oz because the brew time would be shorter than if brew the 24oz. Taste wise Italy don't taste a difference with the same beans.

KenRC51

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I also have the moccamaster but just adjust the brew setting to the half speed drip so the total brew time is longer. I have only had it for two weeks but found the grind of the beans plays the biggest factor in the end result.

The problem is that I don't have the model that has the half speed drip. I have the kgbt741 which don't have the little switch but instead it has the auto drip stop where if I take the carafe out it stops dripping.

chast

Jul 30, 2006
MA
Visit site
see if you can order the brew cup that has the option to stop the drip and have the half and full drip. I shut the drip off for 30 seconds, let bloom then go half then full on mine. Makes a great cup

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Charlie, I do not believe you can order that brew cup for the KGBT741 as that model has a completely different brew cup integration mechanism and height than the KBT741. I have the KBT741 and went through all this prior to my order. While the KGBT741 is an excellent Technivorm it unfortunately has the downside of not being able to readially do the 1/2 or full closed settings that the KBT741 has (as we all know from this post). I suggest to the OP that he review videos on youtube as to how to possibly overcome that issue.

Best regards,
Len

KenRC51

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Charlie, I do not believe you can order that brew cup for the KGBT741 as that model has a completely different brew cup integration mechanism and height than the KBT741. I have the KBT741 and went through all this prior to my order. While the KGBT741 is an excellent Technivorm it unfortunately has the downside of not being able to readially do the 1/2 or full closed settings that the KBT741 has (as we all know from this post). I suggest to the OP that he review videos on youtube as to how to possibly overcome that issue.

Best regards,
Len

You're right Len! I cannot but the half speed brew cup for my kgbt741. The basket are different size. The half speed basket is round on bottom and my drip stop basket is rectangle on bottom.