2. Sanremo Verona RS with 2 Fiorenzato F64

Talking about the performance
any suggestion , thank you in advance.:coffee:

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Are these your only choices?
Service and spares back-up should be a major consideration. All machines go wrong sooner or later.
Mahl Konig are nice grinders but as a service engineer I would always opt for two seperate grinders over a "twin". I also think that an alarm clock/radio/light/CD player/tea maker is just a bunch of problems all in one box! When one thing goes wrong...
Espresso machines with twin boilers are generally a good thing if designed well but do your homework first.
While visiting a premium espresso machine manufacturer last year I was shown a demo video featuring a very well known and highly respected, expensive, twin boiler machine from another manufacturer. In short, they put an incredible effort into designing their machines and just can't understand why this machine gets as many rave reviews as it does. Frankly neither can I.
In a twin boiler machine, the "boiler" that supplies the groups with water is often long and of a small diameter. Cold water has to enter the system at one point or another and can obviously upset the temperature balance if not done well. Continued use of one group can see a wide fluctuation of temperature in the boiler too.
PID and associated controls can also vary a lot from one machine to another - look into exactly controls the machines have and you'll see a lot of differences.

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Twin boiler is almost standard on most of the newer machines.
I think SK_Jin must be located outside of US. Because as of coffee shop owner would never really consider those mentioned above.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Twin boiler is almost standard on most of the newer machines.
I think SK_Jin must be located outside of US. Because as of coffee shop owner would never really consider those mentioned above.

Quite a sweeping statement Coffeejunky? There are certainly more twin boiler machines than ever before but they still make up a small percentage of total sales? Around 300 machine manufacturers making several different models but few have more than one twin boiler machine on offer, if at all?
VBM and San Remo are certainly well established companies with models that have sold well worldwide. The UKBC championship machine for 2014 was the San Remo Verona RS so I wonder why you consider that coffee shop owners would not really consider the machines mentioned?

CoffeeJunky

Dec 7, 2012
Michigan, US
Visit site
Simple, because there aren't too many dealers carry that brand.
Brazillia, Nuova Simonelli, La Marzocco, La Cimbali, gaggia, and Astoria are more common machines you will find in the most of the stores.
I am sure there are many brands out there are being used but above manufactures have sales rep and repair company locally. And you can't really compete with that.

I am sure those are good machines but just because they are being used at the championship competition, I would not jump right into buying machine with no service or sales near by.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Coffeejunky, my first comment was to consider service and spares? I presumed that because the VBM and San Remo machines were offered as the choice, these were indeed available to sk_jin?
As we don't know where the location is or what other brands are available it is difficult to help with other suggestions.
You could suggest that a Marzocco twin boiler Linea was an ideal purchase - A fat lot of good if you don't have a very good engineer nearby when one of those needs a descale, they truly are a pain in the butt.

katy2

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
i think that it will be better if you look through more models, cause i think it s not enough to make a right desicion. 10 Best Home Espresso Machine Reviews ? TOP Choice here are several interesting models. to my mind to read a rewiev is very useful cause there are pluses and minuses of the each product. also you can go to the shop and ask the shop assistant to help you make a choise.