Recommendations for espresso maker, under $1500

AnnaBanana

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got my year end bonus at work (yay!), and I think I want to splurge on my own home espresso maker. This is a lot of money for me, so I'd like to get some recommendations in addition to my own research.

Please not that's $1500 including taxes, so the sticker price will need to be a bit lower.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Not sure of the price in the USA but I can recommend the "Cuadra" from "La Nuova Era".
We have sold quite a few with no real problems and they make great coffee - you'll need a decent grinder too...

AnnaBanana

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Sorry for the broken link, but I got a message saying I'm not allowed to post urls. This one? amazon -> Nuova-Era-Semi-Professional-Cappuccino-Stainless/dp/B002X8VE8O

Looks incredible, but blows my budget :(

Grinder is taken care of, birthday was a few months ago :)

DorothyGonzalez

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
I recommend to you the Delonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine, it is one of the most laborious yet satisfying coffee drinks. It is a full feature beans to brew combination espresso and coffee machine with fully integrated grinder. It features a 3 hour automatic shut off time for its two stainless steel boilers.. Of all espresso machines that I used this Delonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso Coffee Machine is the best. It only cost $1,386.00 when I bought it at allbestcoffeemakers.com. Try it and you will love its work. ;)

ZaraEvans

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I will recommend you to buy Gaggia which is definitely under your budget and good enough. You can check online for online buying now.

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
Many domestic espresso machines have just one boiler, often above and attached to the group where coffee is made.
You can usually spot them easily enough as there is a switch that heats up the boiler enough to make coffee, another to "super heat" the boiler to produce steam to enable the frothing of milk.
Personally, I'd avoid these! They often make a decent enough espresso but by the time the thing has heated up its tiny boiler to a point where a pathetic amount of steam is available the espresso has gone cold before you can heat the milk! If you try using more than a cup full of milk, frothing can take ages too.
When you finally get a cappuccino you'll no doubt be asked for another. Re-priming the boiler, waiting for it to heat and then repeating the process for steam is enough to drive me crazy.
If you want to save some money, I quite like the Pavoni range of domestic lever machines, "Europiccola" models. With a bit of practice (YouTube has plenty of videos on them) you can get some great results. They look pretty cool, easy to service and repair and it will leave you with cash to buy a nice grinder? Oh, and the boiler produces a decent amout of steam that's available without having to wait after making espresso...

coffeekate

Mar 29, 2015
san francisco
Visit site
there are a ton of great espresso machines for under $1500! i personally have a jura impressa z5....bought it over 5 years ago for a lot...and now they sell for under 1k i believe. I've taken great care of it over the years...cleaning, changing filter, etc...and it's help up extremely well. i live and die by the jura brand for a quality high end, yet affordable home coffee/espresso machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZaraEvans

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I found Saeco can be another best option for you, its a very popular for decent performance for several years around the world. I have a good source to check it here by sending quotes Goldenbrowncoffee>equipment/semi-auto-espresso-machine/saeco.html

Last edited:

ReneRTores

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Cuisinart SS-700 Coffee Maker will be good enough for you. It can Quickly serve coffee, tea and hot chocolate in a minute. It has 5 Liter water tank capacity. Also has Auto off system.
1.jpg