breville brands

kavafreek

Mar 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi, this is the first time I am buying espresso machine, I have read some good reviews about breville barista express machine but it seems breville sells under different name in EU and other countries. Is there any difference in quality of products between breville - sage - catler - gastroback - solis - stollar?

itsabean

Nov 23, 2014
South FL
Visit site
Breville uses all the names you mentioned in various countries in Europe. For example, they sell their products under the name Sage in the UK and Ireland; under the Gastroback name in Germany and Austria and so on. You left one name out of your listing and that is Riviera&Bar, which is the name Breville uses in France. You can see their brand names used in European countries if you Google Breville.com

itsabean

Nov 23, 2014
South FL
Visit site
But, your question is a good one. I just noticed additional information about this company. Jarden is the company that operates in the UK and EU, and although they are somehow connected to Breville, they sell "a completely different range of products" from what Breville sells in other parts of the world. Hopefully, someone on the forum can answer your question about product comparison between what Breville sells and what Jarden sells in the UK and EU. I imagine it will take somewhat of a world traveler to answer this.

itsabean

Nov 23, 2014
South FL
Visit site
Kavafreek--I found a little more information on this subject. In the UK, several Breville products are sold under the name "Sage by Heston Blumenthal" and they include the Barista Express. It is the same machine sold elsewhere under the Breville name. The only difference in the UK version is that the machine displays the name Sage rather than Breville on its front panel. Taking a quick look at Breville products offered in a few other EU countries, I saw an automatic coffee machine that uses ground or pod coffee, but I did not see an espresso machine.