Coffee Trike

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I remember seeing some discussions and photos in the past, but I don't have time to explore today.

If you do a search for coffee trike, you'll see some threads that people have started.

I'm not sure how much help it will be, but it's worth a try.

Rose

Coffeefix

Dec 17, 2014
United Kingdom
Visit site
We have a customer with a trike... I hope the area you are in is level without many hills!
Normal issues with machine/trike: power, water, waste and space.
Customers machine is gas fired - gas isn't as effective, it's slower to heat up and recover and the gas bottles are heavy. Gas also scares the sort of people who control to gate at outside events so over here in the UK you need the correct documents in place.
Their gas powered machine still needs a power supply to work the machines filling mechanism/electronics (minimal electronics on a lever group machine?) - provided by heavy batteries and an inverter that last a few hours...
You'll probably need some form of inline water pump to provide enough pressure to fill the machine from your water tank. A pressurised boiler needs to have water forced into it.
Apart from all the usual hassles associated with a trike it can be rewarding and fun. You can also find yourself cycling down a hill a bit fast with a pressurised boiler waiting to brand the back of your head with the word "Gaggia" or similar, backwards!

slurp

Jun 24, 2014
Hollywood Fl
Visit site
We are in South Florida where it is super flat.

Looked around the forum and see a couple mentions of a trike but it does not look like anyone has posted pictures or have really done it.

namballe

Aug 24, 2012
Lima, Peru
Visit site
they have them all over Lima, Peru! dsc025082.jpg