gaggia synchrony vs. gaggia compact digital

Full of Beans

Jan 31, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
Another machine to consider is the "Titanium" from Gaggia.
I cosidered both the syncony and digital compact, but after finding out that the latest and greatest from gaggia was out , I thought I'd go top of the range. If money is no object (as it should be for the perfect cup) then consider the "Titanium"

Full of Beans

Jan 31, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Visit site
I believe the Titanium is available in 110v version(it's actually 120v).
This machine does absolutely everything.
It can auto on/off at designated times(ready to go first thing in the morning/shut down at bed-time)
It can pre-grind coffee if noise is a factor
It has a seperate doser, although only single shot.
you can programme in standby mode (unit goes to sleep after set time without use)
Water temperature can be set at 4 different settings.

I love this machine, this machine rocks !!
:D

barngal

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I think the Gaggia (Synchrony) Compact Digital has all the same features as the Titanium--its just smaller (smaller footprint, smaller resevoir and I assume smaller dregsdrawer) and its made of plastic not stainless or chrome. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!

I've had the Compact Digital for 2 weeks now, and am not planning on keeping it...we make 8+ shots per day, and want a larger resevoir/dregs drawer...in fact going to switch to a semi automatic....

wallisj

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
I've had the synchrony compact digital for 13 months now.....to be honest...initially i was amazed with it....however, in january (9months old at that time) the machine stopped grinding beans unless i set the grind to the max corseness....obviously not good...and also even then, the pump seemed to be making strange noises and not pushing water through even when on an empty shot using the pre-ground button....

Sent it to gaggia, waited 3 weeks, got it back....worked again, they "recalibrated" the grinder and said the brewgroup (plastic) had cracked....

Fast forward to last saturday......removed brew group to clean...basically rinsed it under water and removed show screen to clean and put back....result.....same as before....pump seems to be making same horrid noise and even struggles to pump water through on the water function...

Attempting to call gaggia now.....not happy....
Now in the market for a second super-auto since i have had a 2nd apartment during the week and need a coffee fix in the morning for the metro ride .... looking at the siemens or saeco (vienna) models.....

MilesH

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi All, i've got a Gaggia titanium and for the life of me i can't get the coffee to taste good! I am certain this is not becasue of the machine but my lack of skill on the grind settings.

Can someone recommend the settings for the grinding and dose on the Titanium? I like my coffee hot and strong like an americano at Pret, Costa or Starbucks!

Thanks