Panasonic NC-ZA1 temperature problems.

philthrill69

Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Visit site
Hi there,
I only joined today so it's my first post.

I'm wondering if anyone owns one of these machines or has had experience with one of them. http ://www .expertreviews .co.uk/home-...-nc-za1-review[/url]

I purchased one of these machines second hand and received it yesterday, it's in pristine condition and was an unwanted gift only used for 6 months.
I washed all the parts and ran the descaling programming and cleaning programme.
But I'm very disappointed with the drinks temperature.
I've preheated the mugs and tried cappuccino and latte and they are lukewarm at best.
I thought this might be because of the cold milk being added so I tried an espresso this morning and that was also only lukewarm.
I have the temperature set to the Max in the settings so I'm at a loss as to want to do next.
I know coffee isn't supposed to be boiling but you'd honestly struggle to shower in water this temperature I'd have a guess that it's roughly 45°c. I'm bringing a temperature probe home from work today so I'll have more accurate readings then.
I've also noticed a lot of water in the waste drawer which seems excessive when looking at some reviews on YouTube.
I'm so annoyed as I read so many great reviews on stuff, t3 and expert reviews.
Any help would be appreciate thanks.

itsabean

Nov 23, 2014
South FL
Visit site
Phil-- I didn't know anything about this machine, so I took a look on Youtube. Talk about fully auto with all sort of software plus monitor screen. A Google search shows that its manual is available online with free download. I haven't done that myself, but perhaps the manual discusses adjusting brew temp. and will tell you how to control/change it.

philthrill69

Apr 9, 2015
Ireland
Visit site
Phil-- I didn't know anything about this machine, so I took a look on Youtube. Talk about fully auto with all sort of software plus monitor screen. A Google search shows that its manual is available online with free download. I haven't done that myself, but perhaps the manual discusses adjusting brew temp. and will tell you how to control/change it.
Hi thanks for the reply, ya I have the manual, it came with it. The only thing the manual says about temperature is the setting that I've already set to Max in the menu, other than that it said make sure your mugs are preheated which they.
I gave the milk steaming unit a serious clean and I took out the water filter because it's optional and it's definitely increased in temperature but still not up to espresso brewing temperatures.
The only way I've found to make it drinkable is to whizz the milk in the microwave for 30 seconds before putting the house into it.
Just on another note, I'm assuming you have a bean to cup machine, if so what do you have your grinding dial set to?
Thanks

itsabean

Nov 23, 2014
South FL
Visit site
It appears that Panasonic has released this machine in the UK (and Ireland) or perhaps to most of Western Europe only, since all the reviews I've seen on it are from your neck of the woods. What I've read shows that many owners are having trouble with the machine---repeated error messages, water coming out from underneath or elsewhere, worked for few weeks and then stopped, etc. However, I didn't see anyone else with low temp troubles. Seems that when it's working properly, folks love it, but Panasonic has yet to achieve reliability with this product, and I noted several negative comments about the company's customer service. Since the manual doesn't offer help with too low temp, I wish I could suggest something else you might consider.
I have a semi-auto machine with grinder designed for espresso and requiring the usual steps of grinding, dosing into a portafilter, and so forth including steaming milk via wand into a pitcher.