Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is there a machine that meets these requirements?

I like to grind whole beans fresh every morning. Right now I use a separate grinder and a brewer.

Is there a machine that will let me put in an entire bag of beans, keep them sealed in an air tight container, automatically grind a certain amount at the press of a button, and then brew a cup automatically? I only make a cup at a time, I don't need a huge pot.

I swear I've seen machines like this before, but I can't find any and am not sure where to look. Thanks!

Capresso CoffeeTEAM Luxe (Model #453)

http://www.capresso.com/prod_makers_lux.html

Only the CoffeeTEAM lets you program the amount of coffee you want to grind: choose from 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups and select mild, regular or strong. You can even program two completely different settings, one for manual operation and one for automatic operation. This way you always enjoy exactly the same coffee taste.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

Look at the Jura line E8 may be good for most of what you want except light on the bean storage qty, But that also depends on how large the bag is http://www.capresso.com/prod_super.html

Started using a S7 a couple weeks ago and love it. Grind, water qty, coffee qty all programmable.

I don't mean to be rude, but does anybody ever read the original posts. I swear, if you read the 1st post here he is asking about a coffee brewer not an espresso machine. Secondly why is it people here always push a $1000 to $3000 fix for a few hundred dollar solution.
    Have you ever walked through the aisle of your local grocer and smelled the death of a dying bean?

The Jura make great tasting coffee and esspresso. For coffee you simply increase water qty.
    Why pick a $1,000.00-3,000.00 because that is what I Have a love it. Have discarded the $150-250 brewers that remind you why they call coffee MUD!

Ultima 121

Is anyone familiar with the Capresso Ultima 121? I can't justify spending a couple thousand at this point (saving for kids' college) and I was hoping to find something under $400. Recommendations?

I make my coffee now either by a pretty good drip brewer (though it is never quite hot enough) or French press.
    I have been wanting to get a nice espresso machine, but I can't break the bank...

Thanks!
    Alicia
    Alicia

How about a EspressoClassic (Model #114) or EspressoClassic Luxe (Model #113). There both great machines and a whole lot less then the Ultima. The Ultima is nice both all of those extra features really do add a lot.

Thanks, I am still thinking about it.
    Alicia

If you are looking for a machine that will make a good "drip" pot of coffee then I would suggest the Capresso MT500. Good water dispersion from the shower screen and more importantly water temp @ 195 F deg from the brew head. At $169 it's a relative bargain and will give you many years of service. Mine is still going strong after 3yrs of hard use.

If you are looking for a machine to make espresso, then look elsewhere. The Capresso espresso machines are all pump driven (not great), do not have an "E61" grouphead (not good) and reports of temp stability are less then flattering.

Hope this helps!

EDIT to my above post...due to early morning fogginess

I said that "capresso are all pump driven", what I meant to say is the capresso uses pressurized portafilters (not good).

Also the Ultima uses a brew group, not a portafilter. Why? Because it keeps mess to a minimum, NOT because it produces better espresso.

Sorry about the confusion!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links