Is there a machine that meets these requirements?

MortySnerd

Feb 1, 2005
McLean, VA
Visit site
I like to grind whole beans fresh every morning. Right now I use a separate grinder and a brewer.

Is there a machine that will let me put in an entire bag of beans, keep them sealed in an air tight container, automatically grind a certain amount at the press of a button, and then brew a cup automatically? I only make a cup at a time, I don't need a huge pot.

I swear I've seen machines like this before, but I can't find any and am not sure where to look. Thanks!

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
Capresso CoffeeTEAM Luxe (Model #453)

http://www.capresso.com/prod_makers_lux.html

Only the CoffeeTEAM lets you program the amount of coffee you want to grind: choose from 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups and select mild, regular or strong. You can even program two completely different settings, one for manual operation and one for automatic operation. This way you always enjoy exactly the same coffee taste.

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
I don't mean to be rude, but does anybody ever read the original posts. I swear, if you read the 1st post here he is asking about a coffee brewer not an espresso machine. Secondly why is it people here always push a $1000 to $3000 fix for a few hundred dollar solution.

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
The Jura make great tasting coffee and esspresso. For coffee you simply increase water qty.
Why pick a $1,000.00-3,000.00 because that is what I Have a love it. Have discarded the $150-250 brewers that remind you why they call coffee MUD!

aliciaf

Jan 24, 2005
California
Visit site
Ultima 121

Is anyone familiar with the Capresso Ultima 121? I can't justify spending a couple thousand at this point (saving for kids' college) and I was hoping to find something under $400. Recommendations?

I make my coffee now either by a pretty good drip brewer (though it is never quite hot enough) or French press.
I have been wanting to get a nice espresso machine, but I can't break the bank...

Thanks!
Alicia

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
How about a EspressoClassic (Model #114) or EspressoClassic Luxe (Model #113). There both great machines and a whole lot less then the Ultima. The Ultima is nice both all of those extra features really do add a lot.

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
If you are looking for a machine that will make a good "drip" pot of coffee then I would suggest the Capresso MT500. Good water dispersion from the shower screen and more importantly water temp @ 195 F deg from the brew head. At $169 it's a relative bargain and will give you many years of service. Mine is still going strong after 3yrs of hard use.

If you are looking for a machine to make espresso, then look elsewhere. The Capresso espresso machines are all pump driven (not great), do not have an "E61" grouphead (not good) and reports of temp stability are less then flattering.

Hope this helps!

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
EDIT to my above post...due to early morning fogginess

I said that "capresso are all pump driven", what I meant to say is the capresso uses pressurized portafilters (not good).

Also the Ultima uses a brew group, not a portafilter. Why? Because it keeps mess to a minimum, NOT because it produces better espresso.

Sorry about the confusion!

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
LiftOff,

Please explain your comments(not good)? And the temperature problem is with what model?

After reading reviews and calling a couple experts(roast and sell beand and equipment from several manufactures) The Jura S7 was my choice because of its brew high temperatures(two). The only negative reported was that the two temperatures were preset by Jura and could not be changed.

I really like the easy of use and outstanding taste from the Jura S7.

If there is a better SuperAutomatic to consider please let me know as I will be buying another SuperAutomatic for my office. I want the best tasting esspresso/coffee from a SuperAutomatic.

aliciaf

Jan 24, 2005
California
Visit site
In my research, I had thought that Capresso seemed to come out as one of the favored brands. Now I'm not sure. Maybe that only applies to the really high-end Jura models.

Well, now I guess my question should be, is there any espresso machine in the $200-$400 range that makes really good espresso and is relatively easy to use. I would want it to have the steam frother also and be pretty easy to clean.

Thanks!
Alicia

LiftOff

Nov 3, 2004
Arizona
Visit site
Fiag2...there have been numerous reportings of unstable temps at the brewhead/groups on quite a number models. Water temps also vary widely from machine to machine. But, the real thing is that you are happy with the Jura & that is what matters! Are there better superauto's out there? Yes! The M3 Club Super Auto by La Cimbali would be my choice.

Alicia...That's a difficult price point to expect great results from. If you allready have a good burr grinder, then I think the Gaggia Evolution might be one to look at.

fiagt2

Jan 12, 2005
Visit site
Thanks liftoff,

M3 looks nice. I was not looking at the commercial machines. For $2,750.00 (1,000 more than my Jura, S7) it may be the best? Would also have to rewire my Kitchen for 220v. I think that would be a problem for home use as I am at the power limit now.

Know where the M3 can be purchased for less?

aliciaf

Jan 24, 2005
California
Visit site
Thanks, I looked at the Gaggia and I will think about that one. Or I may just keep using my French press and drip machine and wait a bit before getting a higher end machine. I was ready to drop $2000 on a machine, but since I don't work now (except raising 5 children :-D ) I feel that I need to defer to my sweet dh on budget issues! But great coffee is really a necessity, don't you think?

:)