Brasilia Espresso Machines, still worth purchasing?

ROSTHAUS

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hey,
Whats the current overall opinion of Brasilia Espresso Machines?
I know Brasilia went bankrupt a few years ago(although I'm not sure of their current status).

I found a new in box, Portofino Executive. I'm thinking about purchasing.(extremely good deal)
Is any supplier still stocking a lot of their old parts? If I do buy it, I may buy up some of the parts that are model specific.

I plan on only using it in our sampling lab and as a back up in the eventual cafe.

thanks in advance!
Andrew

Atredeis

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Rosito Bisani is the old importer of Brasilia and still offer some support. Espressoparts.com has some inventory of repair items, but this is dwindling.

They're solid machines, but if you blow a circuit board, you might be up a creek.

Good luck
-Paul

ROSTHAUS

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Rosito Bisani is the old importer of Brasilia and still offer some support. Espressoparts.com has some inventory of repair items, but this is dwindling.

They're solid machines, but if you blow a circuit board, you might be up a creek.

Good luck
-Paul

Thanks, big help. Espresso Part Source and Rosito Bisani seem to be the ones with most of the parts. Talked to Rosito Bisani and they said they should have nearly 100% of the parts for that particular model :) And they just received another big shipment of Brasilia's old stock.

Linda5501

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the la marzocco espresso machine from Tace Espresso Systems Inc in Ontario, and I am very happy with its working. It serves three people in one go and is very useful when guests are around. I don't have to keep them waiting for more than 20 minutes. I have been suggesting it to many of my friends. Hope this helps you out too !