Best Machine to Brew 12 Cups or More?

LoriBee

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I think it was thanks to my lurking on this forum that I bought a Moccamaster Technivorm coffee machine a couple years back. We love it. Love the flavor of the coffee and how fast it brews. We like our coffee strong, and this maker does the trick, I'm guessing thanks to the spray technology and the cone shaped basket.

There are only two things that are sending me shopping for a new one:

> 10 cup brewing capacity is not enough. Both my husband and I enjoy a couple cups in the morning and we've grown tired of having to ration our consumption.

> The carafe doesn't keep the coffee hot enough. After the first cup, we are having to warm up the coffee in the microwave.

We decided to go back to the old Mr. Coffee with the 12-cup capacity, but clearly we have now been spoiled by the Moccamaster. This coffee is horrible by comparison.

I see that Moccamaster does make a 15-cup coffee maker with a carafe and hot plate. That should probably be my obvious choice, but the maker is out of stock and I'm not sure if that means it's just out of stock or actually discontinued. Can anyone suggest alternatives that I could look at that will match the quality of the Moccamaster but give me a larger capacity carafe and hot plate?

I appreciate the assistance!

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
I think it was thanks to my lurking on this forum that I bought a Moccamaster Technivorm coffee machine a couple years back. We love it. Love the flavor of the coffee and how fast it brews. We like our coffee strong, and this maker does the trick, I'm guessing thanks to the spray technology and the cone shaped basket.

There are only two things that are sending me shopping for a new one:

> 10 cup brewing capacity is not enough. Both my husband and I enjoy a couple cups in the morning and we've grown tired of having to ration our consumption.

> The carafe doesn't keep the coffee hot enough. After the first cup, we are having to warm up the coffee in the microwave.

We decided to go back to the old Mr. Coffee with the 12-cup capacity, but clearly we have now been spoiled by the Moccamaster. This coffee is horrible by comparison.

I see that Moccamaster does make a 15-cup coffee maker with a carafe and hot plate. That should probably be my obvious choice, but the maker is out of stock and I'm not sure if that means it's just out of stock or actually discontinued. Can anyone suggest alternatives that I could look at that will match the quality of the Moccamaster but give me a larger capacity carafe and hot plate?

I appreciate the assistance!

Can you contact the company and ask them if the coffee maker that you're interested in will be available soon? It may be worth waiting for. Perhaps they're coming out with a newer model? It would pay to find out first, before you decide on something else.