Help Needed: Delonghi Magnifica Esam4200- Do I Need New Parts??

Mosskatz

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
I've inherited a delonghi magnifica esam4200 from a friend and at first it wasn't working at all, I've given it a good clean and now it seems to be a bit better, it seems to be working as it should be. It is coming up that I need to de-scale it so i have ordered some on-line. however, When I make a coffee though it doesn't seem right at all. The coffee comes out too quick, I've tried one and seven on the coffee mill and setting to max on the taste button and its still coming out quick and looking like murky dish water. do I need a new part? the coffee comes out dark at first but the rest of the flow just looks watery and almost clear.

will de-scaling solve this? from what ive read - no

i got really excited, went out and bought cups, and three types of coffee and the damn thing seems to be broken!

Thanks in advance

Gaz

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikho

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay, excuse me if I sound arrogant, I am not aware of your coffee skills/knowledge. Have you cleaned the porta filters? have you also considered the grain you are grinding your beans in? Finer coffee the water takes longer to pull the shot, coarser coffee takes shorter to pull a shot. Let me know where you go from there and we can do process of elimination.