gaggia adjust OPV?

caronalexis

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
hi

Mod my gaggia espresso with preheat tube, pressure gauge and ... but adjust opv with my pressure gauge is ok? or require portafilter gauge?
thank

sorry have video but not have permission!!!

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
I would want adjustability as not all coffees are gonna be at their best around the 9 bar range. Commercially I ran my Aurelia around 8-8.25 bars of pressure for the coffee I used most of the time. People get hung up on the "it has to be 9 bars of pressure, 200 degrees, for 30 seconds" blah blah blah... What it HAS to be is good to YOU, which is all that matters.

Depending on where your pressure gauge is tapped in you should be able to insert a blind basket into the portafilter, operate the machine as you would doing a backflush and adjust pressure that way. Just don't get too caught up in this as you could end up chasing your tail trying to get it dialed in just right. Keep in mind that coffee freshness, grind, humidity, dose, tamp all affect flow rate, so adjust one thing at a time while keeping other variables as consistently as possible.

caronalexis

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
adjust opv

I would want adjustability as not all coffees are gonna be at their best around the 9 bar range. Commercially I ran my Aurelia around 8-8.25 bars of pressure for the coffee I used most of the time. People get hung up on the "it has to be 9 bars of pressure, 200 degrees, for 30 seconds" blah blah blah... What it HAS to be is good to YOU, which is all that matters.

Depending on where your pressure gauge is tapped in you should be able to insert a blind basket into the portafilter, operate the machine as you would doing a backflush and adjust pressure that way. Just don't get too caught up in this as you could end up chasing your tail trying to get it dialed in just right. Keep in mind that coffee freshness, grind, humidity, dose, tamp all affect flow rate, so adjust one thing at a time while keeping other variables as consistently as possible.

Thank for reply
Test, test and retest and 8 bar is pretty good for me!!! have joe flex tamper calibrate to 30 lbs and good grinder for consistently!! :)

Latest posts