Can Someone Help Be Identify This Type of Pot ?

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I inherited a old coffee pot from my grandmother and it makes a very good concentrate that I use for iced coffee however I need to find one of the same type with a larger capacity since it takes a long time to make enough for a pitcher.

Essentially the base of the unit is a small ceramic pot and the filter is a perforated ceramic cylinder that fits on top and stores maybe a half a cup of course ground coffee.

Water is added to the cylinder from a kettle and drips down forming a concentrate that is than diluted with water to the desired strength.

I was wondering if anyone knows what this type of pot is called ? I only know that it is a European design

Last edited:

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
I used the built in image uploader

pot1.jpg

pot3.jpg

pot2.jpg

Last edited:

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
Photos posted nicely...

My guess is that it's some kind of pour-over, for either coffee or tea. Coffee grounds go in top, pour hot water over the coffee, and you have brewed coffee in the lower section. If you're specifically looking for a name or a brand, hopefully some other members can chime in.

MikeLoeven

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes I am definitely interested in getting more information I did a search for pour overs but most of them seem to be just a standard drip basket placed over a glass pot. They dont even have the permanent filter

And i forgot to upload the markings on the bottom

20150811_081821.jpg

Last edited:

espressojunkie

Aug 10, 2015
Florida
Visit site
Photos posted nicely...

My guess is that it's some kind of pour-over, for either coffee or tea. Coffee grounds go in top, pour hot water over the coffee, and you have brewed coffee in the lower section. If you're specifically looking for a name or a brand, hopefully some other members can chime in.

peter is right. it is a pour over pot. do a Google Image search for "ceramic pour over coffee pot" and you will see others that have the same process, but look different.