Looking for an espresso setup

Th3RadMan

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm moving to college and need a espresso machine and grinder. I don't need anything too expensive or fancy, just a setup that will get me through.

If anymore info is needed just ask!

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
My next question is, why is the grinder and brewed coffee no longer adequate? I'd say you'll get better results with a quality grinder (Baratza Encore), and a french press or Clever Coffee Dripper, than you would with a $200 espresso set-up. IMHO, you can't make true espresso with $200 worth of equipment.

nic9212or

Dec 18, 2015
Visit site
I am also a college student wanting what you want but I have read many times the more you spend the better espresso will be. Under 400 is a gamble I have heard. If someone disagrees please let me know as I'm still learning. I'm Currently saving money for baratza encore for my french press &aeropress

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

4rugal

Jan 28, 2016
Visit site
if you really want to get an espresso machine, you can try remanufactured Breville (from corporate website) or used ones off of craigslist. I'd advise sticking with aeropress. Doesn't require electricity. Also you can re-use paper filter, just rinse and dry.

johneaton

Jan 10, 2016
jonesboro, arkansas
Visit site
I would frequent the local college coffee house; and wait until you can get something you will be happy w/. In my humble opinion, decent espresso for the lowest dollar starts w/, perhaps, a gaggia classic w/ pid. But even that is rather pricey.