Advice on coffee machine sage barista vs oracle vs other

Nikolay

Sep 12, 2015
UK
Visit site
Hi,

Looking for an advice on which coffee machine to buy? At the moment I got an nespresso capsule machine which does make a revolting espresso and a barely passable latte (as long as I spike it with syrup). Unfortunately the machine is convenient as I can have a cup of coffee within a minute or so of walking in a kitchen in the morning, while I have no issues with spending time to make a good cup of coffee I do find it convenient. My wife on the other hand does not want anything more complicated and does not want to spend an extra second to make a coffee, she does not seem to mind the taste so the espresso is an ideal machine for her.
Being sick of nespresso I have decided to buy a new coffee machine - due to the wife I can only consider bean to cup machines, I have narrowed down my choice to either sage barista or oracle. Was wondering if anyone here had an experience with both and can recommend one over another. Or even an alternative machine?

What attracts me in the oracle its automatic tamping and the timer, thus wife won't need for it to pre-warm. not sure it's worth an extra grand.

Thanks