Available: Ecolino 2-step miscellaneous parts

kosherham51

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a bag of miscellaneous parts for the Ecolino 2-step machine (used to own three of them). Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
If I was you I would post them on Ebay piece by piece. The Ecolino has been phased out entirely and parts that are specific only to the Ecolino are no longer carried by Franke. So what you have before you could be a small fortune for someone who is in desperate need to keep their machine running.

kosherham51

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
Franke Ecolino parts available

Hello,

I have a Franke Ecolino with a bad CPU board. Does your bag of parts include that? If so, please let me know.

Thanks,
-Ronald

I have one of the boards - either logic or print - but I don't know which one. Will try to attach a picture to this post. You can reach me at 9142586355.

Attachments

• 20160129_120530.jpg
    20160129_120530.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 259

Ronaldsnexus

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello Kosherham51,

Thank you for your reply - cool beans!

My coffee machine is in the coffee-repair-shop right now, so I don't have it in front of me. I'm guessing this is the board, but not sure (if it's the print or cpu board).

Also, the coffee repair show restored one of their Ecolino units while fixing mine (because they had to use the adjust cards), so now they're trying to sell me that machine. Looks like I'm doubling down here, wow.

Can you email me what you'd like your for? My email is: ronaldsnexus at msn dot com, and my telephone number is: (651) 890-9844. In the interim, I'll have to print out your attached picture and take it over to them and ask if that's it.

Please contact me when you get a chance.

Cheers!
-Ronald Sanderson

CCafe

Aug 11, 2004
Des Moines, Iowa
Visit site
That is the Power Print Board (PPB). The CPU board sits above that board and it's a little green rectangle. A new CPU in the box is blank and will not work unless you write to it with a flash rom. After you program the cpu board then you can take your download card and reload the device settings back on your ecolino. A new CPU runs around the $400 bracket just for a heads up. If you need a board PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you with it. We also stock the PPB along with pretty much everything else that goes into a Evolution. With that said we won't have specific parts for the Ecolino if it's not a shared use item.

Ronaldsnexus

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Hello CCafe,

-So you think the above board (from kosherham51) is the print board, and that's not what I need then? Because the CPU board is above it, which is a different board.

-Also, if I'm reading this right your parts are for an Evolution, not an Ecolino, is that correct? If so, my Ecolino is in a coffee repair shot that fixes and sells Evolution, I think if the part were interchangeable he would have sold it to me.

-I think from what I'm seeing here, and please correct me if I'm getting that wrong, one, the board in the earlier post (w/screen shot, from kosherham51) is the wrong board. It's a print board, not the cpu board. And two, you have parts for an Evolution, not an Ecolino.

-Lastly, the repair place when trying to fix mine, got one of theirs up and running (their Ecolino simply needed an adjust card), while working on mine they got theirs fixed. Now, they'd like to sell it to me now for $1,000 (but with no warranty whatsoever). This adds one more layer of complexity in that mine could be used as a parts backup, if however, the board goes out on theirs I'm back to square one - I'll own two nonworking machines. :(

Let me know if I'm getting this right (or not). Also, please provide me your telephone number, I'd like to call if that's OK.

Thanks!
-Ronald Sanderson
Tel: (651) 890-9844 | ronaldsnexus at msn dot com

PS Thanks for taking the time to email me, I'm very grateful for all the help here (from everyone)!

Ronaldsnexus

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Franke CPU Board

That is the Power Print Board (PPB). The CPU board sits above that board and it's a little green rectangle. A new CPU in the box is blank and will not work unless you write to it with a flash rom. After you program the cpu board then you can take your download card and reload the device settings back on your ecolino. A new CPU runs around the $400 bracket just for a heads up. If you need a board PM me and I'll be more than happy to help you with it. We also stock the PPB along with pretty much everything else that goes into a Evolution. With that said we won't have specific parts for the Ecolino if it's not a shared use item.

Hello,

I purchased a used Ecolno a few months ago. So I still have my old one with the bad CPU board. I'm thinking it would be worth getting the old one fixed. So maybe I should ask, do you still have that CPU board? If so, what does it cost? Is it used, is there a warranty with it?

When time permits please let me know.

Thanks!
-Ronald Sanderson